Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    When you are investigating something and use the word if you should state that appropriate measures based upon the outcome should be taken.

I thought maybe you'd get that idea there party line fella. I have no party so I have no line. Yours is obvious from your statements.

If they did this then they should be prosecuted.

See, logically thinking folks think 'maybe there should be an investigation as to what actually happened'.

See the difference?

Yeah, I figured you couldn't/wouldn't.

Burn 'em all! Let Nancy sort 'em out!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

So, you are saying that IF frosty gets the investigation that he wants, then he really is no better than those he would investigate?

At least that is how I am interpreting this.

Maybe I'm just a party-liner, but that is what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by frostman View Post
    Party line fella? lol you know all about one sided arguments. In that case IF means..if. If they broke the law with no intention other than to establish a false link between Al-qaeda and Iraq, then yes, they should be prosecuted. So what's the problem with the word if used there? I don't want revenge, just the truth, and if that truth is they broke the law, they should be prosecuted. Just like Nancy Pelosi should be prosecuted if she broke any law, which she didn't as far as I know. Maybe she stuck her foot deep in her mouth, but that isn't a crime. And if she had spoken up, she'd be in trouble for revealing classified information which she had no authority to reveal to begin with. So what exactly is your point? The word IF implies some sort of left wing agenda?
    Here's some additional matter for you to try to digest.

The 'extraordinary techniques' were determined legal by counsel. Now, you and a bunch of others are declaring that illegal and you want to prosecute. Not investigate, not make a new declaration, PROSECUTE.

So, say you and your wife have 3 children and that's totally legal. But, someone passes a law that all people having 3 children are terrorists. Now, you're breaking the law and should be prosecuted. End of story.

Something that was determined legal by the justice system at one point in time should not be prosecutable by anyone later down the line that disagrees with their decision.

If abortion were to be declared illegal tomorrow should all the doctors that have performed one be prosecuted the day after tomorrow?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    So, you are saying that IF frosty gets the investigation that he wants, then he really is no better than those he would investigate?

At least that is how I am interpreting this.

Maybe I'm just a party-liner, but that is what I read.
    Like the witch/head hunters in the congress, I don't think he's actually worried about anyone's 'rights' being compromised. I think he's just after Cheney and Bush.
    Ms. Pelosi knew about what was going on, you can guarantee. Can you actually see her sitting back and NOT knowing? Yeah, right. Therefore, she is just as culpable as anyone else that knew what was going on that thought it might not be considered legal.
    I don't know if it was. I'm not a lawyer (thank GOD~!) but, once someone deemed it so then that person is the only one culpable from that point on.
    That's THEIR pay grade, to quote a recent Presidential candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Here's some additional matter for you to try to digest.

The 'extraordinary techniques' were determined legal by counsel. Now, you and a bunch of others are declaring that illegal and you want to prosecute. Not investigate, not make a new declaration, PROSECUTE.

So, say you and your wife have 3 children and that's totally legal. But, someone passes a law that all people having 3 children are terrorists. Now, you're breaking the law and should be prosecuted. End of story.

Something that was determined legal by the justice system at one point in time should not be prosecutable by anyone later down the line that disagrees with their decision.

If abortion were to be declared illegal tomorrow should all the doctors that have performed one be prosecuted the day after tomorrow?
    Bush's attorneys declared it legal, that doesn't mean it actually was legal. There's a process that has to be undergone for something like that which is illegal to be made legal. Something being declared legal by a counsel doesn't make it legal, you should know that, and you do know that i'm sure, just doesn't fit your argument that this whole thing is some left wing conspiracy to bring down Bush and Dickhead and the other people responsible. If (there's that word again) they broke the law, then they should be prosecuted, just like anyone should be when they break the law. Unlike you, I could care less about Republicans, Democrats, or any other party line argument, I just want the truth, which we're never going to get i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You really love the terrorist don't you. I personally could care less if they gave them all a summary court martial and executed all of them who were in anyway responsible for killing any innocent folks since they are not in uniform have no code of honor other than killing and torturing all who don't believe like they do.

Apparently you believe that have "rights" I don't thank you. Waterboarding does not harm you and naval seals have it done to them in their school so go cry for the seals why don't you but they don't want you just go cry for the murders and anti Americans because the Bush Administration fought them so now they are your friends.

Perhaps your citizenship should be revoked and you be sent to Iran or Pakistan to join your buddies.
    Navy seals have it done to them so they know how to handle it if they ever get captured and are waterboarded. That makes sense. And no I don't love the terrorists, which takes me back to my take your head out of your you know what statement. The lack of oxygen is really getting to you I think. Once again you want to accuse somebody of something with nothing to back it up. I have stated, repeatedly now, that IF the use of waterboarding was used to simply try and establish some kind of false connection between Iraq and Al-Qaeda, then the use of it was completely uncalled for and should be prosecuted. How does that mean I love the terrorists? You never explain any of these statements you pull out of thin air. But you don't make accusations and insulting statements to and about people right? It's only you who is the poor victim. And if the Bush administration did such a great job of fighting them, then why is the threat still so great?

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    No, it's not.
    Yes, it is. Sow me how it's not defined as torture. Come on, let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    who cares what we do to these clowns..i dont..i would blood board them in pig blood.
    whos crying for our military that got their heads cut off?? whos crying for the people that jumped to their deaths from the twin towers?? WHO?

i would like to put a boot up the hindend of this jerk.
    Gosh, another crackjob on here who doesn't get my point, what a shocker. If actual evidence comes out that torture got something useful from these people, then I won't have a problem with it. But so far, there's no evidence that we used it for any other reason than to further lead us down the road to war with Iraq. And maybe if Bush had paid more attention to all those memos, there wouldn't be anyone to have to cry for.

If the former administration, which is hated and reviled by the current administration, had documentation that could vindicate themselves, it is classified.

Do you think that the current administration would de-classify something that may show them in a less than favorable light, or, possibly more importantly, show the former administration in a positive light?

Obama will not de-classify anything positive about Gitmo.
    Period.

\ If actual evidence comes out that torture got something useful from these people, then I won't have a problem with it. But so far, there's no evidence that we used it for any other reason than to further lead us down the road to war with Iraq. \
    It doesn't make sense to me that they would continue the practice if it wasn't productive.

Some buddies of mine that are Seals tell me it's very effective.

Navy seals have it done to them so they know how to handle it if they ever get captured and are waterboarded. That makes sense. And no I don't love the terrorists, which takes me back to my take your head out of your you know what statement. The lack of oxygen is really getting to you I think. Once again you want to accuse somebody of something with nothing to back it up. I have stated, repeatedly now, that IF the use of waterboarding was used to simply try and establish some kind of false connection between Iraq and Al-Qaeda, then the use of it was completely uncalled for and should be prosecuted. How does that mean I love the terrorists? You never explain any of these statements you pull out of thin air. But you don't make accusations and insulting statements to and about people right? It's only you who is the poor victim. And if the Bush administration did such a great job of fighting them, then why is the threat still so great?
    Frosty,
    From what I have read, you don't LOVE terrorists, you just like them a whole lot more than you do conservative AMERICANS. This must be like most friendships where you have shared values.

I am sure that you share no conservative values with any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Frosty,
    From what I have read, you don't LOVE terrorists, you just like them a whole lot more than you do conservative AMERICANS. This must be like most friendships where you have shared values.

I am sure that you share no conservative values with any of us.
    Actually, I have plenty "conservative" values. This issue has nothing to do with not liking liberals or conservatives, at least how I look at it anyway. I just don't like conservative Americans who are so full of hate..like, well..some of you. And the same goes for hate filled liberals. I don't support the terrorists in anyway, and wanting the truth to come out about why we tortured isn't sympathizing with any terrorist. You might see it that way..but that doesn't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that they would continue the practice if it wasn't productive.

Some buddies of mine that are Seals tell me it's very effective.
    The Bush administration continuing something that didn't work...what a shocker that would be. I'm sure they do think it's effective, but do they know what we actually gained by using it in this case?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast