I am having a hard time getting a straight answer from some of the vendors I contacted when trying to purchase an A/C and humidifier for my home.
I was hoping someone from this forum can help educate me
I have the following
- new townhouse 1727sq ft, middle unit, 3 floors
- air handler is High Velocity Systems HV-52 (operates at 550rpm)
- boiler is Quietside QVM9
I live in Toronto so the winters are cold, my humidity for most of the winter was 15%. I keep the furnace fan on all the time.
- Can a honeywell TrueSteam 509 be used on my system without worrying about rust or excessive power usage?
- Can the aprilair 600A humidifier be used without an HRV? (I was told the rpm of my fan is too slow)
- Can the aprilair 700A humidifier be used on my air handler? and is this overkill?
Also...is it true that only one supplier makes the air coils for High Velocity Systems? This is in relation to Air Conditioning. I think one place called the manufacturer "Kent Mizer" but I can't bring up anything on google.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. It's all very confusing.