Carrier 244ABB436A300 help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier 244ABB436A300 help

sorry put one to many 4's in there

its 24ABB436A300
    Last edited by trae; 05-12-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Your model number in the title is incoorect,however after the B the 436 would be at least a 14 SEER and 3 tons,if that pat is correct.

need help finding out what ton unit this is

24ABB436A300

ok if these are 3 ton units my next question is are these 2 units capable of cooling a 3k square foot home efficiently?

we were told at closing it was a 4 and 2 ton ... so are dual 3 tons basically the same thing ? it just seems like this new home doesnt cool as well as our previous 2 story home that had a single unit and was only 2400 sq ft.

thanks for the help guys

You can't tell what size is needed based on square footage, so no way to tell you. Is this a new home build? Ask about whether a load calc was done to determine sizing. Usually new homes are built with more capacity than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    You can't tell what size is needed based on square footage, so no way to tell you. Is this a new home build? Ask about whether a load calc was done to determine sizing. Usually new homes are built with more capacity than anything else.
    yes new perry home in houston,tx

Contact the builder,and A/C contractor,ask to see the load calculation,IF there's an issue.

What do you mean by doesn't seem to cool as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Contact the builder,and A/C contractor,ask to see the load calculation,IF there's an issue.

What do you mean by doesn't seem to cool as well?
    in the old house we never had to set it lower then 77/78 to keep it comfortable. in this house which has all the bells and whistles for energy crap it has to be set at 75 and then usually down to 73 to be cool during the heat of the day. like i said im not an hvac guy so hell maybe thats normal now im just concerned im gonna end up with a 500 dollar elec bill compared to what we are used to.ive always thought the lower you are setting your temp the more power you are going to be using.

we have had the builder send the a/c people out twice now the last time his fix was to close and open vents to rooms we were in the most . which seems like a bandaid and not resolving the issue of having the entire house cooled correctly. i will contact them and see if they have a load calculation.

Might not be removing enough moisture.

Could be over sized.

Could be your new house leaks more fresh air in then your old one did.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

What is the indoor unit model number?

Post pics of indoor unit and connecting ducts.

If the issue the whole house is being cooled to 72,then it's likely over sized,not setup or charged properly,etc.,

If it's that you have to set the stat to 72 ,to get certain rooms comfortable,then it's likely a duct sizing issue to the rooms affected.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    What is the indoor unit model number?

Post pics of indoor unit and connecting ducts.

If the issue the whole house is being cooled to 72,then it's likely over sized,not setup or charged properly,etc.,

If it's that you have to set the stat to 72 ,to get certain rooms comfortable,then it's likely a duct sizing issue to the rooms affected.
    ok let me get that info to post up ... one other thing im not sure would matter or not is that its puron and not freon in the units

ok so i just got up in the attic to check things out and another thing to mention that could be causing the issue is there are two vent fans which arent spinning. flipped the switch that is supposed to be for them and one trys to spin up and the other doesnt budge.how much of a factor would this be in my cooling issues?

i have dual 58STA045'S up there... one one of them i can feel cool air blowing out of some spots where it was sealed up with i guess its some type of chaulking they use.

some more info is each unit only has one return which takes a 20x25x1 filter i have pics to post up here in a second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast