Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My hobby Diving

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Skeck Exley has been to 400'+ on air, it is not recommended and Sheck is now dead, but many people still do deep dives on air.

At a partial pressure of 1.6 you are not supposed to go below 217' on air because you are taking a chance of an 02 hit.

Now I prefer to ad some Helium to my gas so I am not as prone to nitrogen narcosis.
    omg
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    omg

Shouldn't you be at the parts house picking up supplies for the A/C techs that you work for?

BTW if you ask real nice I will explain why we use He in our gas for deeper dives, btw gas is what we put in our cylinders (tanks) we use for diving, I am not talking about gas like in gasoline if that is what you are thinking.

Again you show your lack of knowledge on the subject, rebreathers have been used at depths far deeper than I have dove.
    Sure you knew that, it just took you awhile to reply.

Man, this is making me want to dive.

Problem is, nobody I know dives anymore. My old dive buddy joined the army, my wife flat-out refuses to suit up, my kids are too young right now...

Last 'dive' I did, if you could call it that, was a whopping 11'. My dad built a farm pond. He went cheap on the drain/overflow valve and built one rather than bought one. Well, surprise, it started leaking. We capped the outlet pipe to stop the leak and equalize the pressure. A few days later, I suited up and walked into the pond. I removed the old valve, cut the pipe square and installed a new valve assembly. Nasty, dirty, zero-vis work. Made me not want to be a hardhat guy for sure.

Zach, I'm not defending any one person. Bwalley can be abrasive, but, it appears that he has what it takes to back it up.

Shouldn't you be at the parts house picking up supplies for the A/C techs that you work for?

BTW if you ask real nice I will explain why we use He in our gas for deeper dives, btw gas is what we put in our cylinders (tanks) we use for diving, I am not talking about gas like in gasoline if that is what you are thinking.
    Im nitrox certified waldo,ever dove the red sea? the med? didnt think so.
    Poser

Im nitrox certified waldo,ever dove the red sea? the med? didnt think so.
    Poser
    Wow you are the MFM, being all nitrox certified and all.

BTW I got Nitrox Certified in 1992.

How about posting some pictures of some fish you have shot, or are you too much of a liberal tree hugger to actually shoot something you were going to eat??

You better quit wasting time with me and start fetching parts for the real A/C techs you work for and make sure you don't let their coffee get cold.

Wow you are the MFM, being all nitrox certified and all.

BTW I got Nitrox Certified in 1992.

How about posting some pictures of some fish you have shot, or are you too much of a liberal tree hugger to actually shoot something you were going to eat??

You better quit wasting time with me and start fetching parts for the real A/C techs you work for and make sure you don't let their coffee get cold.
    Waldo your the one who hides behind the government wating for them to tell your company what to do waldo. Most people unlike you, do not come on here to brag, if i am the mfm i dont have to tell anyone. i guess next your going to tell me your a Navy Seal too lmao

Waldo your the one who hides behind the government wating for them to tell your company what to do waldo. Most people unlike you, do not come on here to brag, if i am the mfm i dont have to tell anyone. i guess next your going to tell me your a Navy Seal too lmao
    I don't need the government to tell me what to do, I meet and most of the time exceed the building code, building codes are important for many reasons, one is to protect the public from people who think they know what they are doing and from people who have the attitude that well it is better than it was before I started.

The type of work I am licensed for if not done properly can hurt or kill people, and although I think the government sticks their nose in too many area's, licensing contractors and making sure they follow the minimum building codes is one area I think they should be involved in.

You can't have just anyone building a structure that thinks they know what they are doing, you need engineers to calculate the loads and you need the plans to go through plan review so they can catch errors, even then some poorly designed structures get through like in the case of the bridge collapse, if we didn't have uniform building codes, we would have more catostrophic failures.

I think the reason you may not like licensing for contractors is because you don't have one and probably do not qualify to get one or cannot pass the required testing to get licensed.

If you keep wasting time with me instead of fetching parts for the real A/C techs you work for, you are going to get in trouble.

Chuck Norris taught me to dive. We didn't need tanks because Chuck makes the oxygen in the water come to him.

My certification dive was to the bottom of the Marianna's Trench. Chuck threw my keys over and made me free dive to get them. He didn't let me have anything except a flashlight. Chuck himself wouldn't have needed a light because he can bend light and carry it in his hands.

I enjoy muff diving.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I'm certified to dumpster dive up to 20cuyds.

That's pretty cool diver. LOL , just laughing at what troy said about dumpster diving. I recently did my classes and pool dives here locally in April and in May completed my 4 open water dives too certify in St. Thomas while on vacation. Joined PADI and signed on to scubaboard. Looking forward to diving again as soon as possible. I only wished I did it years ago when I was much younger and in better condition. I did it though at 52 years young. I feel it gives me incentive to stay off the couch at least.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234