Page 6 of 373 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

Originally posted by vageta
    hey every one. Im turning 21 in a few days and i was qurious if any one knows were to go to get my conceled weapons permit? I will be packin a HK USP 40.
    In NY you need to go the county clerks office, 'course this ain't going to help you. right after you apply for your permit, go talk to your lawyer. Being "judged by 12 than carried by 6" is great talk, however, the legal and financial ramifications of discharging a firearm, weather in self defense or not, can put you and your famialy in a bad finacial way. be wise and responsible, and maintain control of your firearm AT ALL TIMES. Personaly, if i ain't waring it, it's in my quick access safe, good luck-shoot staight.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

ya know

I was reading over these posts again. Other night a car following me real close, driving erratic, ticking me off. Then I started getting worried, maybe a little paranoid. Hell if you watch the news it's hard not to be somewhat paranoid. Anyway, just put my hand behind my seat to check on my little 9. Felt better all of a sudden. Nothing happened, probably some kids. But hey, I ain't as young or strong or fast as I used to be.

Hey, Diceman, how goes it?

On the matter of the 9, I've always been told "...observe, analyze, act" in that order. I believe that if I had a ccw, I'd probably observe, act and then analyze.

Like I said before, all my training has been at 25 yds and beyond, and only at paper or steel. I really hope that I never have to make a choice about whether there is a clear and present danger, etc., etc. As for you, my cyber friend, you sound like you know what you're doing, and I would trust your judgement.

Kinda late getting on this post. But I carry a 9. A Glock 21, which by the way, has never jammed. One night I was working in plant by myself on some equipment when I heard a pipe rolling across the floor. I turned on the lights in that section and investigated but couldn"t find anything or body. Later on I ran out of materials to work with, so I left for the night. The plant was locked all the time. I came back the next morning on Saturday and found a Cokecan and candy wrappers close to where I was working. There is a not so desirable apt complex across the street. But now if I have to there closetoclosing time my Glock goes with me. Ihave worked with it laying in front of me down there. But I don't stay late anymore. It was convenience for me and them, no one was in my way and I wasn't in their way. By the way, I not a paranoid, I'm 58 years old and want to spend some more time with my grankids.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Cool 9mm is a good choice

I know it's a tad late but I thought I'd chime in. 9mm is a good choice for a carry weapon. I have a Taurus 92S stainless and I like it a lot. I used to have a .40 that I used for target shooting, but the accuracy on the .40 is not as good as a 9mm. If you want the best stopping power, there's always the old faithful: The M1911 Colt series is the Cadillac of semi-autos. Kimber makes a nice line of factory-custom pistols. If 8 rounds of .45ACP doesn't stop them, you can beat them with the pistol butt (or run like hell).

--Doug

not all 357's are revolvers. 9mm is marginal, even on dogs.shot placement must be right. mine is a AMT 45 ACP MAG.

hmmmmmmm

I may have to test franke's theory, come here little poochie. Hey, anything is better than nothing, I think.

SPEND THREE MONTHS IN HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF DOGS, RIGHT ARM NEVER WAS THE SAME. YOU LEARN

THE 40 IS NOTHING MORE THAN A REMAKE OF THE OLD 38-40 WINCHESTER. SAME BALLASTICS

you mean

you were being attacked by dogs and all the while you were blasting them with a 9mm or 40 cal? That had to wake the neighbors.

i wasn't carrying then.i have since then.

well then

how can you say a 9mm is marginal, even on dogs? I know cops in NY were shooting pit bulls with them. Not too many of them were getting up either.

Dice, you need to move this thread to Guns & Ammo. You have quite a following and I hope your not planning to take them to the mountains of Idaho. Maybe an expedition to Houston.

Page 6 of 373 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106 ... LastLast