Page 57 of 373 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

I hope I will

I have no intention of pulling it out, the gun I mean, if someone cuts me off in traffic, only if they severly threaten my well being. In that case, well, maybe just having it will be enough, if not, a warning shot, still not good enough........hmmmmmm well, we'll see cause I really can't say for sure what I would do in a certain situation. But at least I have the option, ya know.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Maxi-Ball
    TB
    Try some Accurate XMR5744. It is a good Cowboy Action Powder. I use it in my trapdoor 45-70. It eliminates the BP clean up problems.

If the Marlin has a micro-groove barrel, leading may be a problem.

The best shooter in my Marlin 336 micro-groove barrel is the Sierra 125gr FPHP.

Maxi-Ball
    I was wondering about the cleanup/fowling of BP in a lever gun, thought it might be interesting to mess arround with though, especially if I start makeing my own, wich is an idea I been seriously considering too.

What is the velocity of that 125gr FPHP load?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

If you shoot muzzle loaders, you know that black powder fouling is highly corrosive. Thorough and immediate cleaning in necesssary. You must clean with hot soapy water or a commercial black powder solvent, dry and oil. You have to love it because it is a pain in the butt.

My Accurate powder book shows a 152 gr lead bullet at 2100 fps with 22.0 gr XMP5744, a smokeless powder.

The 125 Sierra FPHP is listed at 2500fps with 38gr XMR4064.

I don't own a chronograph. My hunting load with the 125gr Sierra FPHP is 32gr Accurate Data 2200 powder. *This is not a listed load, approach with caution* This is a surplus powder sold only in 8lb jugs. Supplies have dried up. It is also a good powder for 223 Remington and 7.62 X 39mm. 2200 is similiar to AA2230, just a little faster.

Loading black powder cartridges successfully is somewhat of an art form. Do some reading before you try it. Mike Ventorino who writes for ShotGun News and Shooting Times has a book on the subject. Maybe you can find some of the articles he has written.

Good Luck and Shoot Safe
    Maxi-Ball

Rule Number One:
    Always Point Your Muzzle in a Safe Direction.

I been doing some reading on BP cartrige loading, not enough yet, but the more I do, the more interesting it becomes.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Wink

Be Careful. I got BP smoke up my nose and have been addicted ever since.

Now I stand up at meetings and say "Hello, My name is Maxi-Ball, I'm a rifle loonie reloading addict"

Too late. There aint much better than the smell of burnt gun powder, 'cept maybe bacon & eggs frying over a campfire on a cool morning, and coffee boiling away beside them.

The smell of a wood shed full of tamrack & red fir gets up there pretty close too.

[Edited by TB on 10-16-2002 at 11:12 PM]
    TB

thank god i live in a smaller city and dont need to carry. the owners dont let us techs go into THAT part of town after dark. my llama .380 stays at home with the wife.

she needs her own

small towns getting bad too, goofballs are everywhere these days, didn't ya hear?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Dicey, I was thinkin' of your 9mm post when I posted my new quote.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

"If guns are outlawed, only criminals will have guns"

...oh, same thing
    TB

Originally posted by TB
    "If guns are outlawed, only criminals will have guns"

...oh, same thing
    I don't agree. It would scare the hell out of me if the people had their guns taken away and the government still had them. A criminal steals on a much smaller scale.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Hmm

I stand corrected
    TB

Talking Hey

Where did that faggy song thing go?
    Still #1 after all this time, huh.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 57 of 373 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast