Page 54 of 373 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

ask boss

I hold many records in here.
    Longest running, most viewed thread.
    Most deletes in a single season.
    Most apologies.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

9mm/45acp...................45acp/9mm

I have got to post the video I have showing the testing of a 9mm/65grain and the 45ACP/80grain into a 25pound block of modelers clay. Both calibers have muzzle velocities approaching 3000fps when fired from either the Berretta or the Glock in the tests performed..
    Not only is the huge block of clay completely destroyed, but along with it is the "Total" destruction of the fired slug as it vaporizes.
    I did say "Total" did'nt I...
    Somehow I gotta' get it off VHS to a CD.....hmmmmm....any ideas?????
    I got 17 of them in my Glock 21..I keeps one in the pipe..
    Ohhh...yeah...Mr. & Mrs. Glock was sooooo.. kind when they built their plant only a mile from my house....
    Now....If I only spoke Austrian....
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Hey, Richard,

After seeing the little corner of the world you're from, I hope you have extra mags for that Glock. 17 just ain't gonna cut it in that area!!!!!

I think Richard

was saying a 9 is a damn powerful gun. I know mine is.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: It's been a year and a half since I first posted on this thread

Originally posted by Collin
    I rest my case.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Hey, Richard,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by condenseddave
    [B]After seeing the little corner of the world you're from, I hope you have extra mags for that Glock. 17 just ain't gonna cut it in that area!!!!!

Dave you are right about needing the extra magazines down heah' in the Big-A.
    One of the guys I work with is an ex-Marine Recon.(I was Navy)
    He always refers to the "Downtown Area" as a "Target-Rich-Environment"..Just like a Jughead...

Will this thread "Never" end???
    Da' Diceman "Really" opened up a Pandoras box with this thread...
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

It will never,

ever end, never..............

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I just did a job in Brooklyn,NY between Flatbush and Nostrand Ave where there was drug dealing across the street. The first day we couldn't get in the building and left but that was after we were eyeballed by everyone and then one of them was sent over with a milk crate and paper to watch our every move( he sat right in front of our van). We left because if we left the van out front it probably would have dissapeared.We went back to do the job with the electrician with us( the more the merrier) and he had to bring an extra helper to watch the trucks. Same thing, every 10 minutes someone came over to check us out and also to eyeball the vans. I have the papers for the carry permit and am applying, I don't care who say's what. That first day my helper and i were sure we were going to be robbed or the van stolen, and after one of the dealers made the gesture of a gun with his finger at us, that confirmed what I allready thought. There is nothing wrong with personal protection, especially in areas like that.

I have found out

that in areas like that, they usually just shoot each other, over turf. They are glad to have people actully come to their neighborhood and do things for them. They won't bother you if you just leave them alone. If they try to steal something, let them have it, it ain't worth it. If they seriously threaten you, and you are sure you are in danger, send em to hell.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Hey guys!! I am curious how you guys carry at work? In the winter not a problem.. But summer time poses a concealment issue. Our company wears work shirts tucked in. I like to carry IWB (inside waste band), but obviosuly that won't work with shirts tucked in. I currenly have a 9mm. I have considered a Keltec p-32 with an ankle hoslter, but a .32 isn't gonna do much if I never nead to stop a threat. Any suggustions? I thought about a sub compact glock in maybe 40 cal in an ankle holster but i would imagine that would get pretty heavy all day.. And keeping it the truck is not only stupid(unless it is secured very well) but useless as well.. Thanks in advance...

Paul...

Re: Re: Hey, Richard,

Originally posted by RichardL
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    After seeing the little corner of the world you're from, I hope you have extra mags for that Glock. 17 just ain't gonna cut it in that area!!!!!

Dave you are right about needing the extra magazines down heah' in the Big-A.
    One of the guys I work with is an ex-Marine Recon.(I was Navy)
    He always refers to the "Downtown Area" as a "Target-Rich-Environment"..Just like a Jughead...

Will this thread "Never" end???
    Da' Diceman "Really" opened up a Pandoras box with this thread...
    It is an area like I have never seen before. BJ picked me up at the arena MARTA station, then I got the "scenic" tour back to Mableton. I think it was the Bankhead highway, where I began commenting on her understating the poor condition of the city..."Target-rich environment" were my first thoughts, waiting for the MARTA train!

This thread is definitely, uh, long.

[Edited by condenseddave on 09-02-2002 at 12:26 AM]

Post 700 here!!!

Just wanted to make it 700 posts!!!
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Only 200 behind Bama, Dice.

Page 54 of 373 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast