Page 5 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

Terry.....

You just made my point. By the way, where are you gonna move to, Columbine was a nice, suburban, little neighborhood school. I live in a nice suburb but work in some not so nice areas. Ya never know anymore.
    Too many misguided youths and some of them even make it to adulthood. I am with CHT, good line about judge and jury.

Shocked

You guys talk alot about guns. Living here i see a different angle. We tend to be approx 2 years behind the US in crime. Car jacking, School shootings. It has not started yet. Thank God. Our laws, i thick say , Farmers can carry guns but not auto's. Security people need to sit a heavy exams before getting their arms. But besides POLICE,farmers,Security people. The only other people that have guns, are badies.

I know i don't live in your areas, but some where we stuffed up in showing our kids what life is hey.

Will it get better?

Fershy

Shocked

You guys talk alot about guns. Living here i see a different angle. We tend to be approx 2 years behind the US in crime. Car jacking, School shootings. It has not started yet. Thank God. Our laws, i thick say , Farmers can carry guns but not auto's. Security people need to sit a heavy exams before getting their arms. But besides POLICE,farmers,Security people. The only other people that have guns, are badies.

I know i don't live in your areas, but some where we stuffed up in showing our kids what life is hey.

Will it get better?

Freshy

I'm afraid it .......

will get worse before it gets better. No guns in Australia huh? It doesn't bother you that the badies have them and you can't? If you are 2 years behind us then get ready for some fun times ahead. If people would make time to raise their kids, things would be better. They need guidance and time with their parents while they are young, not money. Where will it end, I'm not sure, no one is.

Thumbs up

MICHAE R

I understand that you guys have some bad home invastions.
    This should give the bad guys a good feeling about their job unless he is going into a farm house.I thought about going there to live when it got bad here until I heard of the gun laws.You have a beautiful country.I guess I could be a farmer.

CHT

I understand what u guy's are saying, but u can also choose not to work in those areas. I onced to looked after all the jails here in NSW, with a monthly maintenance scheme running for approx 3 years. It was hard. I hated every day.

I love A/C but my life means more then that ....Hey.... I decided to leave the company over safty reasons.

Do you need work so much, That u have to carry guns in houses? please understand i am trying to come to terms with all the differences between our countries. Just raising some talking points.

Hope all is well

freshy

I leave it in my truck

95% of the time I don't worry about needing it, it's not like I'm looking over my shoulder. Don't get the wrong impression about life here. Some of those place's I work at are no problem in the day, and I don't go there at night. I am only concerned about that very rare occurence where it may be advantageous to have something besides a flashlight or big wrench, like I said, even pit bulls are hard to stop.
    It's not a jungle here, not yet anyway, just a little extra security in a crazy world, that's all. By the way, I was at my nephews last week, lives out in the sticks. Shooting cans, bottles, whatever and I was being cool, not wearing ear protection. My nine is a pretty decent weapon and my ears are still not right. Never again without the ear muffs.
    My wife likes to shoot too, pretty good. All the other women stayed back to talk and she was right there with us blasting away. What a gal.

Hmm M. Richardson

you might want to check your stats, since austrialia confiscated all firearms, the province ( i think thats what you call them) of Victoria, the crime rate for violent offences is up 400%, other parts of austrialia are showing the same trend, The UK, is having similar results since their weapons where confiscated.
    Like Dice said, and if you read some other of my responces I have personal rules about carrying concelled. And yes I did give up going into "bad neighborhoods". to much stress
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

pitbull with AIDS

hey every one. Im turning 21 in a few days and i was qurious if any one knows were to go to get my conceled weapons permit? I will be packin a HK USP 40.

Smile Try county sheriff office..

I'm not sure if that will help you,but thats where you get them in Pa. Hey dice I'm with you on the packing heat situation. I usally don't during normal hours, but always at nite. I've looking at smiths,probally .40cal or .357sig.Which model do you have? I really like the Sigma series, but I haven't heard too much about them. I too have a 9mm but might not stop some nut all crazy on coke or meth..

I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!!

9MM is faster than 911!!

Stay Cool....

Paul/Pa..

WOW this topic certainly got a lot of posts!! During the day I never pack but if its after hours I always take my trusty Automag 45 backup. Its small and very conceable while having some awesome takedown power. Its not something that one would want to get in a extended gun battle with, but they say most incidents are within 10ft and last 3-5 seconds, and its a perfect weapon for that. For home defense, I have a 12 guage pump full of double-00. I must sound like a nut, however, I am a firm believer that one cannot and should not depend on the government to provide me with adequate protection 24/7, that is impossible no matter how many police officers are on the beat. Not to mention a minute percentage of the said police officers are more of a menace than the criminals they arrest. I also believe that if everyone was carrying, there would be almost no violent crime. I also think that for one to be able to totally walk away from a incident "scott free", the other person would have had to shoot first, which would automatically put one at a disadvantage, the only exception to this would be if someone was inside your home. I also think that one should choose his weapon carefully, as some are designed for assault, and some are designed for defense,and when going through the court system this could play a huge part in whether one was prosecuted or not. I would think that someone with a 15 shot clip 9 mm would be more likely than someone with say a small 5 shot 380 to be prosecuted. Best thing is to avoid if at all possible, but in the end its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Question "To carry or not to carry"

That is the question. I am 44 yrs. old and I live out in the country where I have some land and a couple of ponds with lots of fish. Beautiful and peaceful. But I do a lot of work in Dallas where things aren't so beautiful and peaceful. Used to shoot competition. Had a concealed permit since it started in Texas Jan. 01 '96. If you are going to carry be sure you can hit what you aim at. Sounds like you can Diceman. Practice a lot and in a pressure situation it will come to you. Do not think about what you are shooting it is a bullseye target. I have never aimed my pistol at anyone, told anyone I have a gun or showed it to anyone to get them to leave me alone. If I have to pull out my pistol someone is going to get shot. Thank the Lord this has never been a problem. I carry a 45 caliber Colt Defender. The smallest 45 I have found. Being an long time pistol guy I am stuck on single action automatics. I have been bitten 10 times by dogs in 25 years of A/C work, and two cats. When I work in south and east Dallas the big problem is the crack heads. I always make sure I do these calls in the mornings, the crack heads seem to be sleeping. I never go over in these areas in the evenings. Hey Dice, good luck and remember what they say on Hill Street Blues, "be careful out there". I have wrote this much in years.

Page 5 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast