9mm or not? - Page 371
Page 371 of 373 FirstFirst ... 271321361364365366367368369370371372373 LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,823 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

I carry a j frame .357 everyday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    This is still going ??? Geez I have 4 9mm's now.
    I was about to call you crazy, but then I looked at my shopping list..

1) CZ Combat for IDPA events
    2) EZ-9 for nostalgic reasons
    3) GSG for cheap plinking
    4) A 1911 clone as a homage to our veterans
    5) .38spc out of curiosity
    6) Probably gonna try CAS, and will need another revolver for that

And those are just the handguns on the shopping list of a left-leaning liberal

Annapolis, MD: ragboat capitol of the world
    I love my Luger/FEG clone of a Browning/FN Hi Power. $250 on Gunbroker

I keep it in my cabinet right next to my PSL rifle ... yeah the Dragunov clone
    Sam

Know-it-all? Nope, not even half!

What a dumb thread.

If you are going to carry a side arm carry something small that you don't mind having in you trousers all the time. I was in the "business" for a long time and have carried all sorts of sidearms. My favorite "carry" pistol is my Kel-Tec .380. I never carry a gun any more, or have them in the house because I have little kids, and have looked at the statistics. Now that being said if I needed to carry for protection at a particular job I would. But, that being said I would be much more comfortable with being robbed and giving up all my insured crap on my truck and in mypocket thatn I would be with killing someone in america or canada. It's just easier to get more crap and a new truck than to justify killing a guy over a tool box. Just totally not worth it. That being said I will throw down if I have to protect myself or my hands. Nothing wrong with a 9mm for self defense. I didn't like it as a combat pistol, but then again I like to use morters or a gunship rather than small arms anyway so stick with the 9mm if it's paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by allenrobinson2269 View Post
    If you are going to carry a side arm carry something small that you don't mind having in you trousers all the time. I was in the "business" for a long time and have carried all sorts of sidearms. My favorite "carry" pistol is my Kel-Tec .380. I never carry a gun any more, or have them in the house because I have little kids, and have looked at the statistics. Now that being said if I needed to carry for protection at a particular job I would. But, that being said I would be much more comfortable with being robbed and giving up all my insured crap on my truck and in mypocket thatn I would be with killing someone in america or canada. It's just easier to get more crap and a new truck than to justify killing a guy over a tool box. Just totally not worth it. That being said I will throw down if I have to protect myself or my hands. Nothing wrong with a 9mm for self defense. I didn't like it as a combat pistol, but then again I like to use morters or a gunship rather than small arms anyway so stick with the 9mm if it's paid for.
    seriously, lets just say you worked for two days, BY YOURSELF to install a complete HVAC system and the customer paid you in cash.....lots of cash (which I hate, btw) your more than willing to just give that up????

Tools, and material things, yes. But if someone pays me in cash, you better bring a bazooka to take it from me.

and if you have kids, why not lock up your firearms and TEACH them about firearms. Take the "scary" out of it. Very young kids don't need a whole bunch of information but they need to know what they are. The NRA's "Eddy Eagle" training course is an excellent why to introduce children to firearms. Just keep them lock up,
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by allenrobinson2269 View Post
    In the state of IL where I live, I am not allowed to use deadly force to protect my property or my pets.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

The the state of Illinois, ugh
    To read out loud that the state of Illinois does not allow it's citizens to use deadly force against criminals who try to do us harm is infuriating. My choice for carry is a 380 colt.

I am also a fitter but live in northwest Indiana. I work in the city and keep a hatchet and a jar of nails close.
    When did we become such sheep?
    When will the population wake up?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    In the state of IL where I live, I am not allowed to use deadly force to protect my property or my pets.
    Same with NY, In most parts of NY the laws says "you have a duty to retreat, evade, escape before engaging a bad guy" <paraphrased>

Property is not defensible. Unless it's a home invasion and you're at home.
    BEING AN ADULT

In most parts of NY the laws says "you have a duty to retreat, evade, escape before engaging a bad guy" sad that the FIREMEN shot today responding to a fire near Rochester NY ( Webster NY ) did not have those 3 choices as they were AMBUSHED !

Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    In most parts of NY the laws says "you have a duty to retreat, evade, escape before engaging a bad guy" sad that the FIREMEN shot today responding to a fire near Rochester NY ( Webster NY ) did not have those 3 choices as they were AMBUSHED !
    it appears this was a Trap/ambush. 4 fireman shot, two dead, two at URMC (University of Rochester Medical Center )

The just released the names of the two Firefighters that were killed.

You can go to http://www.whec.com/index.shtml

the two in the hospital are awake and alert.

This is a tragedy, absolute tragedy
    BEING AN ADULT

I'm assuming it was an insurance job and they didn't want for the firemen to be too effective. Horrible incident and I hope the killer will receive Earthly justice before roasting eternally

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
    I'm assuming it was an insurance job and they didn't want for the firemen to be too effective. Horrible incident and I hope the killer will receive Earthly justice before roasting eternally
    It is now reported that the shooter is dead, He is a convicted felon that spent 10 years in jail for murdering his Grandmother.

One of the two surviving fireman reports the fire was set on the south side of the road, and the shooter was across the street on the northside.

This was definitely an assassination/ambush.
    BEING AN ADULT

Page 371 of 373 FirstFirst ... 271321361364365366367368369370371372373 LastLast