Page 362 of 373 FirstFirst ... 262312352355356357358359360361362363364365366367368369372 ... LastLast
Results 4,694 to 4,706 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Har! from a nuclear reactor onboard the battleship the rails are mounted on.

Quote Originally Posted by r22forbreakfast View Post

Har! from a nuclear reactor onboard the battleship the rails are mounted on.
    That's what I was thinkin'.
    But knew absolutely nothing about the ship. So I shut my soup cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Where do they propose getting the electricity needed for the rail gun?
    Stored up in Capacitors the last test, 33 megajoules worth.

Marine power plants in the new ships are quite capable, Star Wars program from 2001.
    Fluke will need a new meter with a much larger MFD rating, me-sa thinks.

1 megajoule is the impact of a car hitting a wall at 100 MPH.
    the round travels at 7 times the speed of sound almost 8. with the ships we have today
    we can only fire 13 miles unless it is a cruise missile. the Missouri was moth balled,
    I think it had a range of 25 miles. the 20lb round cost much less then a missile.
    with this ammunition we can balance the budget.

Right now the rail gun is not on a ship and is as big as a bus and takes 5 minutes to charge up.
    the Navy is working on way to do rapid fire and thinks worse case scenario small guns 2014 100 miles,
    larger guns capable of 200 miles 2025.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

I saw some of those capacitors on a surplus site a few months ago, seriously. They weighed, if i remember correctly, around 500 pounds each. Me want.

Beretta px4 storm 9mm, anyone know anything about these? I have an opportunity to buy this from a "Poor A/C" guy in Houston, yes winters suck here. I already have two 9MM's would really like to have a 1911, of some kind.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

WOW! I missed that rail gun thingy last time this post came around. I got really interested in magnetism and all the uses for it a while back. Now I remember seeing videos on You Tube where some kids were doing something similar with high voltage. As I recall, they made a gun with an electric flash mechanism in it. When they pulled the trigger, it discharged the voltage and that somehow caused a projectile to be launched.

hey John from chicago.....

Quote Originally Posted by John(Chicago) View Post
    Unfortunately I think their is no clear answer because everything is circumstantial. Thats what gets the cops around here, they dont see any action and then when they get complasant they get killed. I work around the projects here in Chicago all the time, but havent had any problems yet. Sometimes I think they are looking at me like a bunch of coyotes look'n at a domestic dog. They like to snipe out the windows too. Problem is that when I'm going to have an oportunity to need a gun I will not see it coming and if I do see it coming my response will be construed as pre-meditated. Everything is about race here too, so the odds are if I do get into a situation I'll be pegged as Mark Ferman and screwed. I worry about it all the time, I got a two and a half year old and another on the way, ya know, someones equipment aint worth it.
    ......i'm Jack from chicago and i've worked in a service van in hyde park and the west side and during the MLK assasination aftermath folks were sniping out of windows as you said . they were also pulling guys out of trucks and stomping and robbing them if you're old enough to remember that. i packed every day and was still scared......Whats my point???Just get caught in chicago packing or even just in the car and it's a class x felony with an automatic year in jail , i don't care if you're a choirboy and no record....we don't stand a chance in the streets my friends unless you're working in choice areas , but we had contracts in public school in the worst areas so we had some beater empty trucks with 2 man crews and brought all our stuff inside and just left the rat truck outside & had security get us in & out. we were safer working in the state prison for 2 weeks mingling with inmates at times , as you know that is a reality in our area and i'm sure every city in the US..........Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Beretta px4 storm 9mm, anyone know anything about these? I have an opportunity to buy this from a "Poor A/C" guy in Houston, yes winters suck here. I already have two 9MM's would really like to have a 1911, of some kind.

I personally don't own one ,but have fired my friends at the range. It is a well built pistol and fires true. I didn't care much for the safety. A bit heavier than my Glock. Mag change is easy. I wouldn't compare it to my 1911 ( I have a Colt).

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    I personally don't own one ,but have fired my friends at the range. It is a well built
    pistol and fires true. I didn't care much for the safety. A bit heavier than my Glock. Mag change is easy.
    I wouldn't compare it to my 1911 ( I have a Colt).
    Yes, he has a Springfield 1911 also, but he wants $300.00 more for it than the Beretta, may just buy them both.
    It's hard to go wrong with buying most firearms, I have never bought one, and lost a dime re-selling them,
    always broke even or made a profit.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Here's one for ya Pdrake. Out of Connecticut. Ya know this guy?

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=252977#ixzz1BVn8PTGi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Yes, he has a Springfield 1911 also, but he wants $300.00 more for it than the Beretta, may just buy them both.
    It's hard to go wrong with buying most firearms, I have never bought one, and lost a dime re-selling them,
    always broke even or made a profit.
    Can't go wrong with the Springfield. Many variations of the 1911 nowdays.In my NRA magazine I saw that they have some newer models .I like the "trophy match " model.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Here's one for ya Pdrake. Out of Connecticut. Ya know this guy?

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=252977#ixzz1BVn8PTGi
    A little south of my area. If I was to pass gas I don't think anyone would have been able to stay in the room to complain!

Page 362 of 373 FirstFirst ... 262312352355356357358359360361362363364365366367368369372 ... LastLast