Page 317 of 373 FirstFirst ... 217267307310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324327367 ... LastLast
Results 4,109 to 4,121 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

This just in:

Article from National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
    "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In
    Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:
    "Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.
    "Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.
    "Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

I totally believe this to be true:

Obama has introduced a Bill in the Senate that would ban ALL Small Arms and Ammunition
    by tying the Bill to Signing Various Treaties with the Monkeys that are the UN. You had
    better keep a close watch on the Senate because they are the ones that ratify Treaties.
    You could wake up and find a safe full of contraband in your house.

Come to my door wanting my firearms? No friend O mine, says I. I will protect my right to my last gasping breath. Its not law abiding citizens that need the legislation it is the criminals. You take my weapons I have no way of defending myself or my family. If you are a citizen it is your right and responsibility to carry firearms. Many people have died to protect that freedom. When you have someone in office that believes that innocent life does not need protecting, where will this country end up? The need for firearms will be an absolute in the near future. Call me a gun nut or what you will, this is my Opinion in what remains "free" America. For now.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Gun Boards uniting for a common cause is anyone else seeing this trend, great Idea.............

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480
    I have been visiting this forum for a while now along with the various concealed carry sites. I even signed the SC petition for open carry in the state.

Now, Im looking for a nice in the pants holster for my 9mm for concealed purposes.
    Owner
    All-American Air Conditioning
    Vero Beach, Florida

Got ya covered Rich. He'll make one special for you if you want, I had him make a one of a kind for me. After I got my CCW, I took about every course he offers. At one time, I had more of his leather products, than the range he was teaching at.

http://www.hoffners.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    You could wake up and find a safe full of contraband in your house.
    Sounds like a Tinkerbell Christmas!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaBighorn View Post
    gentlemen,
    ive made an extensive effort to provide a complete beginners guide to carrying a weapon. it includes information on caliber choices, ammunition choices, weapon choices, holster choices, and much much more.

please CLICK HERE to view.
    Excellent job! Ill be seeing you at this forum soon enough.
    Owner
    Vero Beach, Florida

the compact glok 40 is the best to pack

speaka from experience lol don't need no holster will fit in a pocket if need be i usually wear mine on a lower leg nearest my ankle... or on my back above the belt
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Got ya covered Rich. He'll make one special for you if you want, I had him make a one of a kind for me. After I got my CCW, I took about every course he offers. At one time, I had more of his leather products, than the range he was teaching at.

http://www.hoffners.com/
    Those look good. What do they run price wise?
    Owner
    Vero Beach, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    the compact glok 40 is the best to pack

speaka from experience lol don't need no holster will fit in a pocket if need be i usually wear mine on a lower leg nearest my ankle... or on my back above the belt
    You must wear bell bottom pants then. I tried an ankle holster once. Couldn't get my jeans to cover it. Plus, it felt "funny", granted, it was for a back up but, I just didn't like it. Tried the shoulder holster too. Good if you have to wear a suit but, not my cup of tea. PITA to get into and out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    Those look good. What do they run price wise?
    I thought he had pricing there. I know the leather is a bit more expensive than the Kydex. I guess the average would be around 60 to 85. But, that's not carved in stone.

I thought he had pricing there. I know the leather is a bit more expensive than the Kydex. I guess the average would be around 60 to 85. But, that's not carved in stone.
    Thats not too bad.... at all.

OK Im heading over to the gun forums before I have to work...yippeeeeeeee
    Owner
    Vero Beach, Florida

You must wear bell bottom pants then. I tried an ankle holster once. Couldn't get my jeans to cover it. Plus, it felt "funny", granted, it was for a back up but, I just didn't like it. Tried the shoulder holster too. Good if you have to wear a suit but, not my cup of tea. PITA to get into and out of.
    carhartts carpenter

i am so skinny lol i could pack one in the front of my pants and no one would know it (ok that sounded weird lmao)
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 317 of 373 FirstFirst ... 217267307310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324327367 ... LastLast