Page 315 of 373 FirstFirst ... 215265305308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322325365 ... LastLast
Results 4,083 to 4,095 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

lets see what tomorrow brings before it is a sad or glorious day

and i love my peices they're the only two that i actually like to carry

i have a smith and wesson 357 revolver that is the one with 7 shots love that one, but entirely too heavy and big to pack

not to mention my 7mm rifle collection. something about long range really makes me smile

and if i run out of gun powder i have a plenty of arrow
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I guess a seven shot revolver would be big. A buddy of mine has a 454 Casull. He took down a telephone pole with five shots! It takes a quarter pound of powder, to reload fifty shells. Nice revolver, too bad they quit making them. If I remember correctly, he paid right at fifteen hundred, about ten or twelve years ago.

dang!! 5 shot's and the pole was down!!! my goodness!

its the dirty harry gun, 7 shot , do ya feel lucky punk? well do ya? lmao

it's also a 6-7 inch barrel and zinc plated, dunno how heavy zinc is lol

but it is very nice and well ballanced when shooting. i learned to shoot with it and when i bought the glok's i had to learn how to shoot all over again because of the weight difference i was over correcting after each shot lol and i also learned the the glok will cut the mess out of you if you get to high up on the handle right between you thumb and pointer fingers ouch!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

The recoil wasn't as bad as you'd think. I've shot 44 mags that had more kick but, it's not something you want to go out and plink with. Most indoor ranges won't let you shoot 'em there. They're afraid of over penetration,and rightly so. Wish I had a digital camera back then. You really had to be there, to enjoy yelling timber. It was fun. Oh, the pole wasn't on public property. It was an old, unused one.

The issue is not power but can you hit what you are shooting at from 20 or 30 feet. A 44 will do no damage if it misses. If you are going to carry look for a sig 380 or S/W air weight in a 38. 357 is a slightly larger round but in a small weapopn like that you will be less likely to practice to the point where you are truly profecient with it. They do sting a bit when fired and i have gorilla paws. Glocks are square and blocky and hurt my side when i carry them , they are fantastic guns though.
    9mm are over rated and trying to find a 45 i can actually carry that is double single.......forget it. Para makes a smaller one but you still have to cock it,no thanks i like my sig and s/w .
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

guns

ok already , all you guys obviously are in right to carry areas that i'd live in in a heartbeat if i could . But , whats the law in those areas if u actually shoot someone , of course i'm talking self defense not your mother in law??? In our area you're toast(chicago) Example: my grandson , ex marine , 6'6 tough as nails , was in his buddys garage looking at some guns , somehow a gun went off accidentally , the cops came & dragged him out of a restaurant as his 'buddy' pointed the finger at him & said he did it. Bottom line , he was looking at YEARS in prison . only my testimony in court as to he is our family 'go to ' guy for problems , etc , and my marine core documentation to his leadership qualities in the core saved him. he still had 30 months probation , 12 months of intensive probation meaning they storm your house any time of day or night to make sure you're there. Thats for one shot , no one hurt , an heresay as to who did what. So everyone
    i ask what happens if you get in a real confrontation with guns , and someone gets hurt , or killed . it's great to carry , but you can lose your freedom for a long time . has anybody considered that??? this is an open post to all that carry..........Jack

Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    ok already , all you guys obviously are in right to carry areas that i'd live in in a heartbeat if i could . But , whats the law in those areas if u actually shoot someone , of course i'm talking self defense not your mother in law??? In our area you're toast(chicago) Example: my grandson , ex marine , 6'6 tough as nails , was in his buddys garage looking at some guns , somehow a gun went off accidentally , the cops came & dragged him out of a restaurant as his 'buddy' pointed the finger at him & said he did it. Bottom line , he was looking at YEARS in prison . only my testimony in court as to he is our family 'go to ' guy for problems , etc , and my marine core documentation to his leadership qualities in the core saved him. he still had 30 months probation , 12 months of intensive probation meaning they storm your house any time of day or night to make sure you're there. Thats for one shot , no one hurt , an heresay as to who did what. So everyone
    i ask what happens if you get in a real confrontation with guns , and someone gets hurt , or killed . it's great to carry , but you can lose your freedom for a long time . has anybody considered that??? this is an open post to all that carry..........Jack
    You can thank Daley Sr & Jr for your firearms laws. Mr. O is right there also. In Texas, you might be no billed for the shooting but, be prepared to fork out some serious cash to an attorney, for representation. Not too long ago, a man named Joe Horn shot and killed two burglars, he was no billed but, that was the least of his worries.

Laws vary and change from state to state. I live in Ohio but i carry a non resident Florida license good for 39 states and counting. Here you have to be in iminent danger of your life or someone elses life must be in danger.
    If there is no concealed carry bill in your state you may just be screwed. If your state does have a concealed carry law , take the course , everything is all spelled out for you there.
    Taking another persons life is an unbelievablely serious thing. My rule is , If someone has so little regard for myself or my loved ones and is physically attacking or even begining to attack ,,,,they are DONE. i never unhoster my weapon during the normal course of the day and if i do its at home or in a steel lock box in my truck.
    There are so many people out there who consider us meat and have no qualms about doing anything they can get away with to us.
    Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Confused guns

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Laws vary and change from state to state. I live in Ohio but i carry a non resident Florida license good for 39 states and counting. Here you have to be in iminent danger of your life or someone elses life must be in danger.
    If there is no concealed carry bill in your state you may just be screwed. If your state does have a concealed carry law , take the course , everything is all spelled out for you there.
    Taking another persons life is an unbelievablely serious thing. My rule is , If someone has so little regard for myself or my loved ones and is physically attacking or even begining to attack ,,,,they are DONE. i never unhoster my weapon during the normal course of the day and if i do its at home or in a steel lock box in my truck.
    There are so many people out there who consider us meat and have no qualms about doing anything they can get away with to us.
    Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
    Zach are u a police officer???My direct question to you & all is what happens to you if you actually shoot someone ?? How do you justify it & not go to jail?? how can u take a chance of getting a bad judge or lawyer . What happens to your family?? I've got a family member in prison for a pot charge with 2 boys at home under 5 & a beautiful wife at home he has to worry about. I've been on the streets in a service truck in horrible areas i'm in a catch 22 here as i love guns too..............clue me in please.........Jack

Zach are u a police officer???My direct question to you & all is what happens to you if you actually shoot someone ?? How do you justify it & not go to jail?? how can u take a chance of getting a bad judge or lawyer . What happens to your family?? I've got a family member in prison for a pot charge with 2 boys at home under 5 & a beautiful wife at home he has to worry about. I've been on the streets in a service truck in horrible areas i'm in a catch 22 here as i love guns too..............clue me in please.........Jack
    I can't speak for Zach but, your city/state must have some type of deadly force statutes. Read and memorize them, they will spell out in great detail what can and can't be done. It basically boils down to, only shoot as a last resort. Period. If you shot and you shouldn't have, you'll be visiting Elwood & Jake in Joliet.

You live in Chicago your pretty much on yer own, if you carry.
    How do you justify it & not go to jail
    I don't know about you but if you are confronted in a bad neighborhood, the dirt bags won't do it with any witnesses around. I'd Shoot'em if ya have to and don't look back, don't tell any body, and I mean nobody, leave quietly, and I wouldn't feel bad about it either, if the tables were turned they wouldn't feel bad would they. Just be glad you can go home and hug your wife and kids.

I use to work some bad areas and carried all the time, I felt the same way you do. I decided it wasn't worth my going to jail for defending myself, I got out of there. I still travel thru these areas, believe me if I had to I'd shoot to kill and wouldn't think twice.

Two to the head, make sure they're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    dog attacks by pit bulls
    I saw a film clip of a cop shooting a charging pit bull. I know the dog was hit.

This dog took all of one second to recover and charge again, but this time it was different.
    Now, just the gun pointed in the direction of the dog was enough to give the dog second thoughts.

Page 315 of 373 FirstFirst ... 215265305308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322325365 ... LastLast