Page 311 of 373 FirstFirst ... 211261301304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,043 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Ran 50 through the 9 this morning. Double taps and the like. gotta but another box or two of ammo now
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Believe me when I say that over the years I have had to enter some unsavory areas to work on antiquated equipment for some very angry characters with no regard for my leaving the job safely, and perhaps there have been times where carrying gave an edge on the idea of leaving. Being in a state where concealed carry helps, I can't imagine being back in Madison WI where safety is only ensured if you're the Governor with body guards, yet the mortality rate among those is such an enlightened "safe" city where 911 forgets you called, does not instill confidence in seeing the next sunrise.

If you doubt me, I suggest going to work on Badger and Allied Drive in Madison, Wi and then tell me I'm completely wrong.
    What filter?

Oh, and I prefer any caliber I can hit the target with but subscribe to the idea that any caliber with the number 4 in it is going to make a very big impression. But let's face it, even a little .25 makes a big boom which will garner attention.
    What filter?

It's worth a try,click on raffle ,on the left side of page

http://www.hansonrodandgunclub.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    As of last year I have been carrying a 9. I have a permit and all that. Some crazy incidents around here prompted me to do so. I work in some not so great areas as well. I am not a gun nut. I would only use it for self protection and if ABSOLUTELY necessary. I have also heard stories of dog attacks by pit bulls and rotweilers that were being hit by crowbars and such and not even phased. They had to be shot to stop them.
    Any thoughts, liabilities, experiences? Thanks.
    I have a thought; you're carrying the wrong weapon. You need a 45. Stops a crack head in his tracks every time.

This kinda fits in here. Click on summary.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1141

You're all invited to my house (with your weapons) to spend the day. The squirrels are eating my tomato plants.

The thought has crossed my mind too:

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/...t-18-year-old/

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    I remember that incedent, and the training video made from it. A lot of lessons were learned from it.
    for a limited time i have a 300 meg video online of the show "FBI Files" that includes a reenactment of the shootout. show is based on agents in the firefight. CLICK HERE (might need to right click and save as before viewing, depending on your internet connection speed).

Quote Originally Posted by lbrombach View Post
    Gun free zones might as well have neon signs that say :"HELPLESS VICTIMS HERE." because only the law abiding citizens are going to be disarmed.
    very good point! gun laws only regulate the law abiding, yet liberals cant seem to grasp this as they call for more gun laws. what good will more laws do when the very people you have to worry about disregard the laws we already ahve?

Quote Originally Posted by matmac View Post
    The tragedy @ VA tech involved legal weapons in the hands of someone who was mentally unstable.
    va tech was a tragedy because the law abiding students werent allowed to carry to protect themselves. understand this: no law will prevent bad people from arming themselves. the best you can hope for is that enough honest people have armed themselves to balance the scales.

More people are killed accidentally by either their own guns or by "friends"
    and far more are killed annually in cars. do we ban those too?

In 15 yrs. I have never taken it out other than at the range.
    and if you ever do need it that trunk may as well be 1000 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by matmac View Post
    The fact is in our society, there is VERY LITTLE area that wrrants the everyday toting of deadly force.
    that statement is absolutely ridiculous sir. you dont carry a handgun because of risk. you carry a handgun to eliminate vulnerability. if you are unarmed you are completely vulnerable to anyone bigger, stronger, etc. if you are unarmed, anyone who is armed (stick, knife, gang) will have complete and total control of you. if you are unarmed you are only safe by the good graces of others. when you arm yourself you remove that vulnerability. when you arm yourself you no longer depend on the good graces of others. when you are armed you no longer suffer any physical limitations (that would prevent your ability to defend yourself). when you are armed, you are free.

Page 311 of 373 FirstFirst ... 211261301304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318321361 ... LastLast