Page 309 of 373 FirstFirst ... 209259299302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316319359 ... LastLast
Results 4,005 to 4,017 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

fighting for it

A vary good friend of mind said
    "If you shoot, empty your gun. That proves you were scared for your life."

"If you can, get hold of the guy, roll around with him and keep shooting. That shows you had to fight for your life."

I have one too. Bought it brand new 20 years ago when I had some accounts in the hood I serviced for some slumlords. Haven't fired it yet so I don't know if it works. Do they go bad just layin in the desk drawer? What about the bullets?

I put it in the desk a long time ago. Used to carry it in my pants pocket with my change. But the Mideastern guy at 7-11 started to perspire heavily and stutter when I laid it on the counter to fish out some change. His towel was totally soaked.

Moderen bulletts are pretty good, long shelf life.
    But you said it was 20 years old?

Better head to the range or isolated patch of woods and tuch'er off.

I have some 1944 G.I. 30-06 ammo.(black tips for those in the know) I test them every 5 years and if they do not preform to my liking, I pull the bullets and reload the primer and powder.

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    I have one too. Bought it brand new 20 years ago when I had some accounts in the hood I serviced for some slumlords. Haven't fired it yet so I don't know if it works. Do they go bad just layin in the desk drawer?
    Yeah, you best send it to me and I'll tell you that it ain't any good no more.

I had some paper shotshell slugs left over from my dads youth, and they fired. Generally, if the rounds were not put in a freshly cleaned (and wet) gun or freshly oiled they should be fine. Penetrating oil and solevent will nutralize gun powder if it soaks in.

Hey Bill, is that a firestar?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by exhussmann View Post
    Moderen bulletts are pretty good, long shelf life.
    But you said it was 20 years old?

Better head to the range or isolated patch of woods and tuch'er off.

I have some 1944 G.I. 30-06 ammo.(black tips for those in the know) I test them every 5 years and if they do not preform to my liking, I pull the bullets and reload the primer and powder.
    Whats the terminal ballistics on those. I impressed myself (do that quite often actually) with some nosler BTSP reloads in 308, at 100yds the drilled a butiful 1/2" hole through a 3/8" red iron plate.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I do not have the book with me, so numbers will have to come at a later date.

The black tips at 100 yards with the proper load will do the 1/2" hole in 3/4" red iron plate and a 3/8" hole in 3/4" cold roll. They will put a 1/2 hole through an "I" beam at 100 yards if you do not hit it in the fillett.

The coolest though is what it will do to an engin block at 50 yards.

Forgot a mote of caution:

The copper jackets, which act as lube for the tool steel cores, will come back at you if using them inside 100 yards. Make sure you are wearing safety glasses.

Got my ankle scratched pretty bad, shooting at some tempered 1/2" plate steel once.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Hey Bill, is that a firestar?

No it's a Sig P220 really nice and accurate and my bullets don't sit around long "9mm ammo is cheap" I shoot that thing as much as possible, don't take long to fire a few rounds with a 9mm.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

"The man with knowledge is always at the mercy of the man with experience."

I will take the guy with the dirty hands and wrench over the GQ with the degree any / every day.

I work with degreed professionals every day. Is far as I am concerned they are just another tool in my box to be used only on the proper application.

Anybody know if this group gets together to talk shop?

Quote Originally Posted by exhussmann View Post
    I do not have the book with me, so numbers will have to come at a later date.

The black tips at 100 yards with the proper load will do the 1/2" hole in 3/4" red iron plate and a 3/8" hole in 3/4" cold roll. They will put a 1/2 hole through an "I" beam at 100 yards if you do not hit it in the fillett.

The coolest though is what it will do to an engin block at 50 yards.
    It's impressive how nice and round a hole it makes isn't it?
    TB

40 Cal. gets my vote.

i love this thread. i stay away from this site for 14 months and this thread is still here. its like coming home to an old friend.
    here is what santa is bringing me for the tool bag.
    http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver
    i wanted to put a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I have a Black Powder cannon. Dad built it when I was a kid. Shoots an 1-1/8" maxiball. That converts to 28.448mm. Bullet weighs over a pound. We can shoot it at convention.
    Hell, I'll show up just for that.....

Page 309 of 373 FirstFirst ... 209259299302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316319359 ... LastLast