Page 307 of 373 FirstFirst ... 207257297300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,979 to 3,991 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by matmac View Post
    My children learn REAL WORLD values! A world where the gun has NO IMPACT or INFLUENCE. That is the world GOD created and Jesus laid down his life for! Not for a world full of deadly weapons used to settle problems! A gun infested world is a heathens playland! When they are ready to encounter this world fully and completely independently and only when they show interest will I introduce them to guns. For now, I will keep them safe. Their community will keep them safe and guns will have no say in where their interests, passions and endeavors lead them. Push soccer, baseball, football, cheerleading. WHY GUNS?
    Different areas of the world and country have different socio economic parameters. Cincinnati is a whole bunch different than Boston. I do not take what you post or what tonys posts personally. No need to, you only know me from what I post and I know you only from what you post. This doesn't mean that that I agree or disagree with how your kids are raised. If our kids were to meet the biggest issue I would have is whether our kids showed the respect of one and other. The kids would probably go off and play football or something and leave us alone to discuss our issues about whatever. If you were at my place I might even offer you an adult beverage to go along with the adult discussion.

The 14 yo homeschooler with a cache of weapons had some serious issues that his parents were not addressing. We homeschool our children, we do not do this to protect or keep them from society. We do it because we don't want them learning things before they need to. We have even had gun safety and gun cleaning classes. We taught them about weapons to teach them real world. That bad people in the world do bad things.

I personally prefer 9mm becuase that is what I own.

Thanks
    Bob

Bobs kids, and mine, get to enjoy firearms only after they prove their character -- a character that has to be developed in them by parent interaction with them.

TB,

Thanks for the good words. I may not be the perfect parent but I am trying to the best I can. Get involved with your kids and stay involved. I might have to start a thread.

Bob

Sorry if my last post seemed personally attacking Matt, it was only aimed at the philosophy you encroached on, but didn't fully present. You're right of course, there are two worlds between yours and mine, and I live where my kids can safely 'play' with an air rifle, once they show the character, just like I did growing up. Unfortunately the perception of the role firearms play in society is largly influenced by TV anymore, but arround here it is influenced more by the way we use them in practical living. We tend to see guns differently than the movie makers want us too, because we know better, and I've never run into a better group of guys than at the fireing range---the ones that hang out there regular. There is a reason why the majority of events at the Olympic games involve the shooting sports and few realize that; air rifles, shotguns, pistols, air pistols, high and low power rifles, and archery of all kinds,. They don't want people to remember there are more uses for firearms than what they see in the movies.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Exclamation Great to be AMERICAN!

Love the freedom in our country! If ya grow up and get the opportunity to shoot a firearm responsibly after training, you are fortunate. The majority of folks don't get to do that and have a view that is difficult to debate Fire at will....resposibly

I'm not going to be swayed by the preception of our wonderful news media that a fire arm,a pistol,a rifle or shotgun are in some manner shape or form are evil.

Use your God given grey matter to sort that out if you have the power to do so.

And if you don't just cower under the assumption that society and the government will protect you. A new fool is born into this world every day.

And to the " Tony's " in this country, cowards all.
    FEN

sounds like MoJo's quite the cowboy.

...hello...anyone home?

it's 2007, not 1807.

Quote Originally Posted by rck1 View Post
    TB

Usually use buckshot on the carved ones and slug on any non-carved. Pumpkins are sly though and you can find them in a herd. Kinda like the buffalo. They disguise themselves well. Jack-o-lanterns for example. My p-38 has brought a few down also. Hollow point .22 good fun also.
    Well, I gone and done it. I took that pumpkin and filled it plumb full of water, had the kids and mom stand back, and shot it with a .308. Dang thing about evaporated. Took me a while, but I found the stem and mounted it on the wall, right by my 5x6 point whitetail rack.

We then had a good discussion about gun safety, and what a gun will do to a body--friend, brother, sister or whatever.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    sounds like MoJo's quite the cowboy.

...hello...anyone home?

it's 2007, not 1807.
    Yeah, and the law still can't get there fast enough to protect the individual, we still have criminals, still have wars and thugs trying to take away personal freedoms...

About the only thing that has really changed is we are now stupid enough to release convicted felons "likely to re-offend " back into society.
    TB

Awww geez.... this thread is still around?!

It's like reading 307 pages of the same thing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Yeah, and the law still can't get there fast enough to protect the individual, we still have criminals, still have wars and thugs trying to take away personal freedoms...

About the only thing that has really changed is we are now stupid enough to release convicted felons "likely to re-offend " back into society.

1807 vs. 2007?

I'd say the size and power of handguns has changed as well. But, who wants to talk about that 'unfortunate' reality.

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    Awww geez.... this thread is still around?!

It's like reading 307 pages of the same thing over and over again.
    Just like ARP.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Just like ARP.
    I am thankful that it has not been moved there!!

The shocking reality here is that people are willing to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens to protect themselves.Meth is a big problem here and I would rather be judged by a jury than carried by 6. as far as children go mine are and will be trained to handle firearms if they choose. Does my 13 year old need to shoot pistols yet ? No. when he gets a little older I hope he enjoys it as I do.God forbid it from happening but I will do whatever I need to to protect my family. My kids should be trained to make that decision as well, thats my job as a parent.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 307 of 373 FirstFirst ... 207257297300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314317357 ... LastLast