Page 306 of 373 FirstFirst ... 206256296299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,966 to 3,978 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    Cleveland?

ANOTHER school shooting??

How many is that THIS year???

...ahhh, in the 'right-to-bear-arms world', it's ALL good right-o.
    Surely you can do better then this smug post.

Remember 911? 5000 or so innocents taken out by a handful of radicals armed only with box cutters?

Too bad there weren't a few armed "right-to-bear" citizens in the equation.

Why don't you throw Littleton into the mix, or the Amish tragedy in PA? Stupid argument, and I think it's bush league to bring up a tragedy like this to try and support a weak position.

interesting that you would bring up 9/11 and gun proliferation...

here's a thought...5 middle eastern dudes (i.e. non-citizens) sit together in MoFo first-class - should/shall trigger a closer look.

basic profiling may be a lot more 'effective' than random passengers shoot'n holes into an airplane's fuselage.

here's a thought...5 middle eastern dudes (i.e. non-citizens) sit together in MoFo first-class - should/shall trigger a closer look.

basic profiling may be a lot more 'effective' than random passengers shoot'n holes into an airplane's fuselage.
    You miss my point Tony - It's not the guns that are the problem.

Talk about your hijacked threads.

I personally prefer the .45 auto for sheer, devastating nock-down power. Most life-threatening confrontations are brief, not hollywood shoot-em-outs.

The ammo is pricey though, only drawback.

inoperably linked

Hey Forgery!

Tony brought in the tragedy in Cleveland because firearms, the ownership and safe keeping (or lack there of) of them, and easy access to them are all permanently linked to these types of tragedies. Little Marty may have fun blowing up pumpkins and sno-cones now; what happens when he hits fifteen and encounters his first taste of exclusion or derogatory degradation that kids are fated to, at some point, experience? Little Marty respects guns, knows the dammage they can do, and can hit a moving target with a 38 revolver at 50 yds. Guess what! You're "Dad of the Year"! Good job!

it'll be difficult to change 'the gun culture'.

but, evolution takes time.

Little Marty if raised correctly has already been taught to respect human life and that there are people out there that don't. the ones that don't are the ones we need to defend our selves against.

Quote Originally Posted by matmac View Post
    Hey Forgery!

Tony brought in the tragedy in Cleveland because firearms, the ownership and safe keeping (or lack there of) of them, and easy access to them are all permanently linked to these types of tragedies. Little Marty may have fun blowing up pumpkins and sno-cones now; what happens when he hits fifteen and encounters his first taste of exclusion or derogatory degradation that kids are fated to, at some point, experience? Little Marty respects guns, knows the dammage they can do, and can hit a moving target with a 38 revolver at 50 yds. Guess what! You're "Dad of the Year"! Good job!
    With all due respect, I'll take my chances with Little Marty, who's dad has brought him up to know and respect firearms, then Little Matmac, who's dad probably forbid him to ever be around firearms, and everything he has learned is through video games and current pop culture.

God???

how did your God slip into this thread?
    He was allready here.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

How bout just refusing to let them on board?

And a bullet hole in a fuselage is pretty much meaningless, private firearms are typically more accurate than professionaly operated ones.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by matmac View Post
    Hey Forgery!

Nope. Not even close. In each example in the last few years the shooters have been neglected kids on prosac, not kids who's fathers and mothers take the time to train character and values into them, and certainly not the kind who train safe gun ethics and habits into them.

Bobs kids, and mine, get to enjoy firearms only after they prove their character -- a character that has to be developed in them by parent interaction with them. The most apparent fault people see in others is their own. It seems like you project your own values on gun owners and assume they think and train their kids like you do---therefore it must be likely they would act as you would. If that were true however, then 1/2 the population of the US would have killed someone with a firearm allready.

We are seeing the insanity of expecting the same result from a different procedure. Why are we so hot on changing our values and methods as a society when we see that as we drift away from what we as a country once were, the increasing problems we have that we never had before, just keep growing. For pete's sake, my grandpa used to carry his rifle to school every day. I am still wearing the same belt knife I wore in school25 years ago. There were less violent crimes when we carried weapons routinely. What has changed? Our nations values--social, economic, and personal values.
    TB

Change is innevitable! ignoring it will only kill us!

I know you guys take it personal. And I'm certainly not out here bashing you're tudelidge of your children at home. Unfortunately, many gun owners are NOT as responsible when it comes to teaching their children. I DO keep my kids away from firearms at this point. I live in a metro-urban area less than 15 miles from the center of Boston. My kids, and all kids in THIS geographical area, CANNOT carry any sort of weapon on a regular basis. I think it's been about 150 YEARS since anyone in this area has brandished firearms much less "carry them to shool everyday". The major incidents of gun rage in this state have been carried out by GUN OWNERS and FIREARMS ENTHUSIASTS! Their targets have been unarmed, law abiding citizens trying to earn a living for they and their families or attain a decent education. While many perps have their guns illegaly, there isn't much recourse around here. Assault rifles are banned and any self protection or hunting/sporting/utility firearms are registered with the state. It's called GUN CONTROL and there is notheing wrong with it if you are a well intentioned, stable citizen with no alterior motives. The "old days" are gone! Population keeps rising and with it comes greater responsibility to CONTROL the proliferation, production, ownership and use of LEGAL weapons. While at the same time relying on CITIZENS to turn in illegal weapons or report those who have illegal weapons. In the meantime, civilized populations of given areas should be vigilant concerning the general safety of their communities. It is up to US to educate each other and pass along a culture withstanding of guns, safety and everyday civilized living ALL ON THE SAME TOKEN.

Btw

My children learn REAL WORLD values! A world where the gun has NO IMPACT or INFLUENCE. That is the world GOD created and Jesus laid down his life for! Not for a world full of deadly weapons used to settle problems! A gun infested world is a heathens playland! When they are ready to encounter this world fully and completely independently and only when they show interest will I introduce them to guns. For now, I will keep them safe. Their community will keep them safe and guns will have no say in where their interests, passions and endeavors lead them. Push soccer, baseball, football, cheerleading. WHY GUNS?

here's ANOTHER one...

Police find weapons cache at teen's home

PHILADELPHIA - Authorities took a 14-year-old home-schooled student into custody, saying they found a cache of guns, knives and explosive devices in his bedroom for a possible Columbine-type attack at a high school.

The teenager, who lives in a Philadelphia suburb, felt bullied and tried to recruit another boy for the possible attack at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, authorities said Thursday.

The weapons found during the search Wednesday night included a 9 mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. Prosecutors are reviewing her actions.

Page 306 of 373 FirstFirst ... 206256296299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313316356 ... LastLast