Page 305 of 373 FirstFirst ... 205255295298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,953 to 3,965 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

  1. #3953
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by rck1 View Post
    Iron sights, you are right, I think it gives you a better feel for the shot. It's pumpkin season too. We will have some fun right after Halloween. The boy wants a scope but I told him he needs to keep learning without it to become a true shot. Just my theory.

    Bob
    That's funny. My boy wants a scope too, so did I when I was young, but I'm glad Dad didn't give me one. There's something about iron sights that forces your focus in a way that a scope doesn't, I think.

    A roommate I had once got an old .22 rifle once, and took the surface rust off the barrell with 80 grit sand paper, and he lost the sights. I could still hit anything I wanted too with it, without the sights. That torked him off a little, but then his 80 grit trick did me too.

    What gives you the best results for pumpkins in a 12 ga.? Buckshot, or slug? (I never been pumpkin huntin' ) I thought I'd show them what my .308 does to a coffee can full of water with the lid on, and a coffee can size block of ice. That's allways impressive.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  2. #3954
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    No silly, the liberals/socialist/commies.

    so, you mean the Canadians?

  3. #3955
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008

    Huh?

    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  4. #3956
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    they'll only attack in the winter time,

    when they can skate over the border.

  5. #3957
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Good one tony. You not only got every gun totin HVAC guy ticked at you, but the Canadians won't let you hide up there now. Yer down to two options. Can you speak Mexican?


    ...or, whale?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  6. #3958
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Good one tony. You not only got every gun totin HVAC guy ticked at you, but the Canadians won't let you hide up there now. Yer down to two options. Can you speak Mexican?


    ...or, whale?
    what about every non-gun totin HVAC guy?

    >>> better still, HVAC-girls???
    (or not)

  7. #3959
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    64
    TB

    Usually use buckshot on the carved ones and slug on any non-carved. Pumpkins are sly though and you can find them in a herd. Kinda like the buffalo. They disguise themselves well. Jack-o-lanterns for example. My p-38 has brought a few down also. Hollow point .22 good fun also.

  8. #3960
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    I just got a pumpkin tonight, one of the people at work brought it in. It aint real pretty so I think I'll try something with it. I wonder if I can fill it full of water through a small hole in it and get some good hydrostatic shock.


    My kids so far haven't done much with the .22's, but last time the nephews were up I made a bunch of party-cup size blocks of ice for them to shoot at. They blow up impressively when hit, and no pieces of target to clean up. My wife came out and asked what we were doing in the pasture, I said, "watering it".
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  9. #3961
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    I just got a pumpkin tonight, one of the people at work brought it in. It aint real pretty so I think I'll try something with it. I wonder if I can fill it full of water through a small hole in it and get some good hydrostatic shock.


    My kids so far haven't done much with the .22's, but last time the nephews were up I made a bunch of party-cup size blocks of ice for them to shoot at. They blow up impressively when hit, and no pieces of target to clean up. My wife came out and asked what we were doing in the pasture, I said, "watering it".
    Just thinning the pumpkin herd there TB. Good job. I'll have to try the ice targets, that sounds like fun. I might put different colors of food coloring in them to make it interesting.

  10. #3962
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    Cleveland?

    ANOTHER school shooting??

    How many is that THIS year???

    ...ahhh, in the 'right-to-bear-arms world', it's ALL good right-o.

  11. #3963
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by rck1 View Post
    Just thinning the pumpkin herd there TB. Good job. I'll have to try the ice targets, that sounds like fun. I might put different colors of food coloring in them to make it interesting.
    There's an idea, color code the targets and the furthest fragment from ground zero wins. (assuming everyone's shooting the same caliber)
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  12. #3964
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    Cleveland?

    ANOTHER school shooting??

    How many is that THIS year???

    ...ahhh, in the 'right-to-bear-arms world', it's ALL good right-o.
    What else would you expect in a world where individual responsibility and accountability is increasingly minimized, perscription psych drugs are glorified, and God is not?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  13. #3965
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    where you at?
    Posts
    3,359
    God???

    how did your God slip into this thread?

Page 305 of 373 FirstFirst ... 205255295298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312315355 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event