Page 304 of 373 FirstFirst ... 204254294297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,940 to 3,952 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    Only an idiot would keep a gun locked in his house thinking a burglar will wait while he unlocks the gun so he can defend himself.
    Hey, I resemble that remark. I got mine locked up to keep them from walking away when I aint home. But I got a couple to make them wait
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by rck1 View Post
    My son started with play guns at 2, at 5 moved to a red ryder daisey,learned about gun safety with it, then at 8 Santa brought him his Rossi 410/22 combo. Fun little rifle single shot and lots of safeties. You should have seen the look on Santa's face when my son asked him for it. Santa looked at us and we just laughed and said it would be ok. The boy is a pretty good shot too. I totally agree with the tv generation and the glorification of violence. They have made it so prestigious to carry that these young kids think they are bullet proof because they have a pistol. Kids are hard headed enough.

Bob
    You start your girl out with a scope? or iron sights? I have always preferred iron sights myself. I actually shoot them better than a scope, even on my deer rifle. My thought is the concept of lining up the sights teaches the theory better than just looking through a scope, but in order to keep my girls interest, (because she tends to loose interest if she has to work too hard to perfect it), I am considering letting her start with a scoped air rifle.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark. I got mine locked up to keep them from walking away when I aint home. But I got a couple to make them wait
    I do the same. I keep a couple out and the rest of the arsenal is locked up in a "BIG" safe.

#1- Communism = All citizens receive exactly the same benefits and pay, depending on level of education, and all monies are controlled by and rationed by the government.
    #2- Facism = A state in which violence rules and those with the most and best weapons rule. i.e.- Hitler's SS - Cambodia's Pol Pot and the Camir Rouge - Saddam Husein's Bathists. Those who are allowed to walk around brandishing weapons are in control at their own whim while others are held down and denied the same rights given to those with guns. #3- The Laws in any given area on gun ownership are in place because some areas are more populated than others and are actually, therefore, safer. In a rural, yet populated area the police may be far enough away so as to warrant a firearm being ready and at arms reach to protect your home because the criminal is as common in the town as it is in the big city. In other areas, though, there are many more people around and in turn more law enforcement. Wearing a gun on your hip in these areas is not only irresponsoble but also puts the target on the person wearing it. Blind faith in the second amendment can be dangerous. Those are guidelines in the constitution. That's why slavery continued so long after the constitutuion was drafted and signed into act. They just called them 50% human and continued. My only concern is that you all understand the social responsibility and acountability that comes with the power to kill with one finger. If locking up your gun makes you and idiot I am a total retard...a retard who knows my children are out of harms way in their home.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    You start your girl out with a scope? or iron sights? I have always preferred iron sights myself. I actually shoot them better than a scope, even on my deer rifle. My thought is the concept of lining up the sights teaches the theory better than just looking through a scope, but in order to keep my girls interest, (because she tends to loose interest if she has to work too hard to perfect it), I am considering letting her start with a scoped air rifle.
    Iron sights, you are right, I think it gives you a better feel for the shot. It's pumpkin season too. We will have some fun right after Halloween. The boy wants a scope but I told him he needs to keep learning without it to become a true shot. Just my theory.

Bob

Lets get this up to 100K and expand that little column over.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Ok. I shot my 9 yesterday along with my .32 & .38
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Above mentioned .32 was in a hot large breasted woman's ( with great taste in men ) purse after the robery in W/S. Above mentioned 9 was not far away.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

Diceman next time ask about guns, beer, pickup trucks, and blondes.

You will probably smoke the server.

Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    You will probably smoke the server.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

who from texas doesnt believe it is our god given right as a texan to carry and may the need arise use a concealed carry firearm. If you want to argue I will tell you tales of some neighborhoods in and around houston that will change your percection.....
    "I CARRY IN MY VAN MY TOOLS EQUIPMENT AND MYSELF, A CRIMINAL DOESNT CARE IF IT JEOPARDIZES MY LIVELIHOOD LET HIM RISK HIS"

Is this a States rights issue ? Or are there some in the shallow end of the gene pool ?randy you scare me

Me think this thread deserves to be classified as

The 9mm Forum

Who with me on that?
    work to live not live to work

Page 304 of 373 FirstFirst ... 204254294297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311314354 ... LastLast