Page 12 of 373 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

On the other hand

I always knew about guns. I knew at a early age that if I touched one, I was gonna get my butt kicked.
    They where always in my fathers room but not loaded. He had a pistol that was but it was hid.
    I remember when I was about 5 years old my father owed a farm that some other people ran. On weekends we would go there. It was in another part of the state. Well it was time to thin out some livestock so my father had a little 22LR he used to put them down. He would make a point to show me what a gun would do. I know everyone did not have a chance to see stuff like this but it taught me to respect a gun. Watching him make the head of a rattle snake disappear with a 12 gauge got my attention also.

I was lucky to survive fireworks!

Re: Franke.....lets say

Originally posted by Diceman
    it's a 124 grain. Really I am curious, how far up would it go. C'mon Mr Science, Air-man-dude. You can answer this.
    no-pad intended.
    I said on another thread that baiting of geeks was against the rules....

Why not ask... "How fast will my car go?"

I have NO idea... Lenght of barrel, bullet size, shape or weight. The type of charge and what amount.

We won't go into the geeky things like barometric pressure, RH, etc etc etc etc.

If you wany my best guess with known data... Real freaking far.

Air

Tell ya what... Shoot a round straight up. Measure the amount of time it takes to go up, turn around, come down and hit the ground next to you. Divide by 2 and multiply by muzzel velosity in fps.

(note to goobers, that was a joke, don't shoot a gun straight up.)

Talking 1st post on this thread

but I've read thru pages off and on since it started. Go ahead shoot a gun straight up, I used my slide rule and allowing for windage and the rotation of the earth, you are in the safest place. Besides, it the bullet did come down on the shooter, that would be good also, it's nature's way of thinning the herd. (You know, the stupid ones don't live long enough to procreate.)

Hey, Dice, is there a trigger lock on that gun now?

I used to hang around people that shoot guns. Some are now in prison and some shot themselves, some still hunt and shoot at anything that moves, and some (the majority I hope) practice safety and take it very seriously. I think that is important and I wouldn't mind it if there was more legislation to keep guns out of the hands of half-wits but they will find a way to get one anyway and the government is notorious for screwing up that which they try to legislate.

So all you gun-toting fiends, take care and uphold our rights to bear arms. I might even consider dusting off my pearl handled chrome derringer. Safety first always tho.

Wink ?

Did ya'all notice the question to Dice? Now that requires an answer, right? Sorry Bruce. I have not been to your thread yet. What would be the point? Please reply here Bruce. LOL.

Nothing personal Bruce.....

It's just that once we had a hobby farm and we raised some goats and I hear Dice likes em too. Actually I don't but the wife did raise em. I got to clean up after em tho.

Huuuuuuumm Mnfatman

I might even consider dusting off my pearl handled chrome derringer.

Did that come in a display box with some perfume and a hankie?

Question 9mm

Hey Dice,back when you started this post I posted a reply but started a new post(not paying attention)so if you could talk Boss into adding these to the proper place,then it would bring your count up,you could possibly win that goat or whatever.....HB well James what you expect from a dumb A..hilly billie?

Ah, thats OK if nobody posts on my thread. I have been busy and really don't care. Diceman seems to want to win, so what the hell, go let him. Make the old boy happy.

Hmm

Originally posted by Bruce
    Ah, thats OK if nobody posts on my thread. I have been busy and really don't care. Diceman seems to want to win, so what the hell, go let him. Make the old boy happy.
    Bruce that sounds like you've said you don't want to win or you don't deal good with defete. If Dice wins we'll all take our 9mm's out and shoot them in the air like the Arab fanatics do.

If I win

I will drive throughout the country in the 911 and visit all you guys. You can all buy me a drink in your local bar. Even the guys who don't like me. Hey I ain't proud, I'll take a free drink from almost anyone. I'll bring the video cam and make sort of a documentry on HVAC guys in America. Of course it may have to be on cable, because of it's rating. Seriously, I was thinking about a TV show on what we do for a living. Driving around to the crazy places we go, the jobs, the people, etc. I am sooooo sick of the same old shows on now. Like, cop shows, hospital shows, game shows, reality shows, lame situation comedies. I think it could work and if you got any dough and want to back me on this project, let me know. I may be the next Steven Spielberg of HVAC.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Yup

I carry, and everyone in this small community knows it. Keeps the riff raff at bay
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Talking Diceman TV

It would have to be on HBO or something. Today I was on top of some scaffolding firestopping the underside of a 10" concrete slab we had to have cored to put a chimney through. As I am trying to put my last tapcon in, it falls out of the drill bit, bounces off the scaffolding and down to the ground. #$@%! So now that I am pissed off, I will go outside and fire a gun straight up. Dice, tell me where it lands while I go find that tapcon.

Re: Huuuuuuumm Mnfatman

Originally posted by JAMES 3528
    I might even consider dusting off my pearl handled chrome derringer.

Did that come in a display box with some perfume and a hankie?
    Naw, got it from an uncle who died a few years back. He used to carry it in his line of work. Well, not work actually, cause he was known for not ever working. Seems, he split from here and went to Californy in the early fifties and made his living with a deck of cards. or rather, several decks, since they were marked ones or pre-stacked ones. He had many tricks and his hand was quicker than the eye.
    Anyhow, the derringer and a few good stories over many bottles of beer was about all that he left behind, no wife or kids. Prost meine uncle. Gonna bury his brother, a farmer, this week.

Page 12 of 373 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast