Page 4 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

jmac

Good shootin there. I agree that retreat is always the first option. But you do carry and that means you have a second option just in case. I read your other post and you didn't seem to be retreating too much in that one. Good for you.

Thumbs down Commie Caliber 9mm

Hi Dice , thanks for the invite !
    9 mm ? I guess thats ok if you got a high compacity preban. I got a Glock that jams every 5th round ! Gonna send it back to have it fixed . The fact is that every semi auto I have has jamed on me . Even my long guns . If I was gonna carry for protection , I'd chose a 45 single action revolver . That will stop anything ! And if it gets up , you got plenty of time to cock that hammer and do it again !
    I had a problem with racoons raiding my chicken coop . So I bought a hava hart trap and trap them . Then I shoot them . About 40 of them in the last two years . It gave me the opportunity to test all my calibers . 32 no good , 38 , not much better , 9mm the same , 357 , not all that its cracked up to be . 223 , WOW ! They didn't even twitch , just died . 12 gage , Tooooo messy . but they died .
    I don't have that 45 that I'm recomending but will have one soon .
    Peace , and keep them locked up !

That truck is my life, I live it, it's my castle. I'll defend it w/ my life besides, several of my customers work at the county jail. I'll get a nice comfy cell all to myself if i get in real trouble!!
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Talking Re: Commie Caliber 9mm

Originally posted by Jimbo
    Hi Dice , thanks for the invite !
    9 mm ? I guess thats ok if you got a high compacity preban. I got a Glock that jams every 5th round ! Gonna send it back to have it fixed . The fact is that every semi auto I have has jamed on me . Even my long guns . If I was gonna carry for protection , I'd chose a 45 single action revolver . That will stop anything ! And if it gets up , you got plenty of time to cock that hammer and do it again !
    I had a problem with racoons raiding my chicken coop . So I bought a hava hart trap and trap them . Then I shoot them . About 40 of them in the last two years . It gave me the opportunity to test all my calibers . 32 no good , 38 , not much better , 9mm the same , 357 , not all that its cracked up to be . 223 , WOW ! They didn't even twitch , just died . 12 gage , Tooooo messy . but they died .
    I don't have that 45 that I'm recomending but will have one soon .
    Peace , and keep them locked up !
    WOW, a glock that jams, no one at the club ever heard of that. Read an artical, forget what magazine, this guy has been tring to kill his glock mod#22. 70,000 rounds no miss fires no jams. droped in a lake for couple weeks took it out ran a full mag through it w/o a problem, packed the action full of dirt, fired w/o a problem, I have close to 5000 round through mine since 02/99 not one miss fire, not one jamm. wheel gun is a real good choice, though, makes you real delibrate!!
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Could be

Glock jams because of reloaded or cheap ammo. Not sure?

When I reload, I double check all the rounds with a bullet gauge. When I reload for the .45, I use the bullet gauge and the barrel [disassembled, of course]. I would probably do the same for the 9mm, if I owned one.

For what it's worth, I am in the market for a Glock 34. For no reason other than being able to say that I own a Glock. The money may be tight, and the cobwebs may be in the wallet, but there's always enough money to buy another gun!

Is armed violence that bad up North? Reminds me of Archie Bunkers' solution to Airline Hijackings: You arm all of your passengers as they board,then when the hijacker pulls his gun, the passengers all pull theirs and let him have it.I'm glad I live in the South.

I hear from experienced dealers...

Glocks are over rated and unsafe. Smith and Wesson is the safest. USP is simply the best.

[Edited by Diceman on 03-26-2001 at 12:04 PM]

geerair,

I would strongly recommend that you should not generalize and make sweeping statements. Violence, wherever it is, is bad, north or south. This isn't about violence begetting violence. This is simply about self-protection. Did you know that the police have no legal obligation to protect the individual from harm? Their obligation is to protect "society", and to apprehend the suspect AFTER the crime has been committed. What these people are advocating is self-protection, i.e., what the police are unable to do. We "up north" are not all Archie Bunkers, in much the same way as not everyone down south is a Byron DeLa Bequewith.

Question I really wounder what the legal ramifications are?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, If you go into a situation packing heat isnt that premeditiation and a form of murder if you kill someone? I'm thinking of a situation that I was in a few days ago; I was going into a NOHT call on a boiler in a abandond grocery store way on the south side of Chicago. The area was bad and the storefront looked like it had been broken into several times. Anyway, their were no lights and I had to go into the basement two storys down, it was the darkest hole I'v ever been in. Now, if I was packing and some crack head jumped out and cornered me what would have to be the circumstances to justify a lethal response? I have had almost this situation, I went into a vacant building to take some measurments of a door. I was measuring the door when two people jumped out from behind the door, each with large caliber autos, and imobalized me against the wall of the hallway. As it turned out they were dicks working some case in the building, but I didnt know until after, they could have just as easily been crack heads. So, like I'm saying when your # is up you more than likely will not see it comeing. In the forementioned event, even if I was packing I wouldnt have stood a chance unless I was in full body armor and could take a few before returning fire.

Ya know, I seen something correctional officers use on the inmates that I kinda liked. Is was a pepper spray, but it was the size of a fire extinguisher.

John,

My recollection from the NRA training course is that the only time a person is permitted to use lethal force is if your life is in danger, and there is no other way to extricate yourself from the situation. I believe, in your example, that simply packing is no cause for concern about the use of lethal force. If your life is in danger, without any doubt in your mind, then the use of lethal force would be permitted. However, if there is any doubt in your mind that the use of lethal force was not necessary, then WHAM! In the slammer you go, if you use your gun. In your example about the crackhead attack, if you believed that your life was in danger, I believe that the use of lethal force would be called for.

9mm or not?

QUOTE]Originally posted by geerair
    Is armed violence that bad up North? Reminds me of Archie Bunkers' solution to Airline Hijackings: You arm all of your passengers as they board,then when the hijacker pulls his gun, the passengers all pull theirs and let him have it.I'm glad I live in the South. [/QUOTE]

Geerair

I live in the south also,45 years. One of the reasons the civil war lasted for 4 years was because of the skills the southerners had with guns.The South was greatly out numbered and held off a union victory for years with their killing skills.
    Your pixalated view off this subject is humorous.
    Violence is all around us.
    When it comes to your house and family dial 911 and start answering all the questions.

Mine is a stainless 45 colt government auto and when It come to my house,family and me, I am judge and jury.
    I have heard to many 911 tapes. I am packing heat.

Talking

hmmmmmmmm

Gives a new twist to "just take it out and shoot it."

I am glad I am a "crazy" out here "in the sticks."
    In all honesty, if I had to carry a gun for protection I would move.

My son teaches in a school. The school has gangs. He has had his windows shot out and several death threats. A neighbor teacher, 2 houses away, was shot and killed in a drive by shooting.

I hate to say it, but being prepard is being smart. Hope you never need it but I understand.

Terry

Page 4 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast