9mm or not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

9's pack a lot of power. Did you ever shoot one? If you use the self protection ammo( ie hollow points) I can't imagine not feeling as safe with it as anything else out there. I think all 357's are revolvers and I don't like that action as well. A 40 isn't much different than a 9mm. If you want, get the clip that holds 15, about $80. Are you related to Dirty Harry? Thanks for the input.

It's been said that a revolver is as good as a semi-auto. If you ever find that you need more than two or three shots to extricate yourself from a situation, then you are in real deep doo-doo. In face-to-face combat situations, the kind that most people anticipate [a one on one], experts say that mega fire power is "overkill" [no pun intended]. The articles I've read emphasize skill and accuracy more so than firepower.

And as a side note, I don't see how this exactly fits in with hvac discussions, unless we are considering icing some unscrupulous hvac contractors???

hmmmmmmm

It fits in a general discussion forum and if you read all the posts from the beginning you would see that. there is enough technical talk in all the other forums, so i like to lighten this one up. You should see the post I had that Boss removed, it was great....

Talking

iuse to cary a 9mm packed to my side when i lived in wyoming good to have around for rattel snakes and to wort off protential nuts while camping in the great out doors but as long as you have a permit to cary and not a conceled weapon your within your rights but laws differ from state to state. wyoming no pemit was required. then i moved to n.j. so i sold my gun and i missed it.now im in central pa. now maybe ill get me another pee shooter one with pearl handels . it was kind ove a security blanket or the best thing since rice krispies hihi.

Cool hey roy........

I'm hip with that!!!!!!!

Wink

Hey dice,

Does the 9 help your accounts reciveable.

You must have some really disgruntled customers,

to be that paranoied.

hey stu

I may be paranoid but at least I know how to spell. hee hee
    Yes I can collect all my overdue accounts as well.

I'd check with local P.D. some offer very good training
    and info that could save your life and keep tou out of
    jail.9mm. would not be first choice for me.Also check
    with N.R.A.,they are not the bad guys many make them out to be.

why not a 9?

9 is gun of choice for most policemen and service personel, they are very good and powerful as well. My Smith and Wesson is also one of the safer guns made, way better than a Glock. Check them out.

Talking

Sorry about my spelling, but if your going to carry
    why waste the money on S&W. Berretta 92S, the only
    choice.

Just ask the U.S. army.

Cool

I didn't see anyone mention it here but how about something a little less leathal....OC Pepper Spray. As a Former Law Enforcement Officer I had to experience it's effect during training on it and I'll tell you what.....It felt like someone poured gasoline on my face then lit the match!

If and when my life is on the line, forget the pepper spray.
    Thats good in a fight or something but not a life threatening situation which is the only instance I would even consider lethal force.

Hey, Dicemeister

Your use of the term "lethal force" made me think of something....I only shoot paper, steel plates, clay targets, ractive targets, pepper poppers, etc. etc. All my training has been in target shooting. No training in use of lethal force, except training film in NRA firearms class. In the few situations where life and limb were subject to damage, I was shaking so badly that I wouldn't be able to handle a firearm...and I sincerely hope and pray that I never have to consider doing so!

Page 2 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast