Page 298 of 373 FirstFirst ... 198248288291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305308348 ... LastLast
Results 3,862 to 3,874 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post

5th NEVER EVER under any circumstanses aim for the head!! Aim for center mass!

can i claim i was aiming for center mass and accidently hit him in the head???

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    'splain please. why not?
    I'm not him , but is it easier to hit a fly or a hippo? Meaning center mass is a larger, easier target to hit under stress. Try head shots after a few thousand rounds. But you would never in the real world do this.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    can i claim i was aiming for center mass and accidently hit him in the head???
    or if you got a couple in center mass then you could shoot for the head couldn't ya?
    i was born under a wandrin star.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Try head shots after a few thousand rounds. But you would never in the real world do this.
    I've allready reloaded a few thousand rounds...a few times

Of cource thats the practicle reason--larger target, just the way he said it, I was wondering if there was a legal reason or something...like maybe it would be tougher to defend in court that one bullet between the eyes was an attempt to stop the action rather than intent to kill. I allways just figured I would aim where I was looking--at his eyes.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

If you are dry firing a weapon and wish to practice on target aiming the best advice to give you would be to get a full lengh mirror and paste a quarter sized cross hairs at chest level. The trick is to have your eyes already on the target. You bring your gun up to the sight picture first, with the front site on target and the back sight level and break the shot.

Your movement will always be fluid,smooth and relaxed. I'll discuss the grip at another time more to follow.....
    FEN

Hey Dice !! I finally found something that pizzes me off. Do I post it here or what is a link to the other thread?

If you Put one in the head......then put one in the chest......then leg...

Then........
    Your honor I shot him in the leg he kept comming, so I shot him in the chest and he kept comming, so I but one in the head and he stoped comming.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    If you Put one in the head......then put one in the chest......then leg...

Then........
    Your honor I shot him in the leg he kept comming, so I shot him in the chest and he kept comming, so I but one in the head and he stoped comming.

that order of hits would be ok if you could do it before he hit the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Hey Dice !! I finally found something that pizzes me off. Do I post it here or what is a link to the other thread?
    Go revive the hate thread, this one has enough gun nuts to keep it busy forever.

And please don't tell me you hate Carrier again, I would think that Dale Carnegie course would have taught you to forgive and forget.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    that order of hits would be ok if you could do it before he hit the ground...
    Damn forensics, you have been watching to much TV.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by ;19029
    As of last year I have been carrying a 9. I have a permit and all that.
    good for you. thomas jefferson stated: "...all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

I am not a gun nut.
    whats wrong with being a gun-nut?

Any thoughts, liabilities, experiences? Thanks.
    absolutely. i own http://ConcealedCarryForum.com (and http://1911Talk.com, and http://HiPowerTalk.com, and http://p99sw99.com, and http://GlockCarry.com to name a few) and am a big advocate of responsible, legal carry. i do not promote carry because of fear.....i carry and promote carry to eliminate vulnerability. the world is a very ugly place sometimes and despite their best efforts, the police cannot be there to protect you at all times....or even most of the time. youre lucky if the police can be there some of the time. i have a responsibility to my family to make it home every day, as well as to protect them from harm. as such, i carry at all times legally possible. the only time i disarm is to walk into my childrens' schools for whatever reason.

i see this thread is many years old now. any updates you can bring up to prevent me from reading 300 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by ;19045
    Except for law enforcement officers, I'm not in favor of anybody packing concealed weapons. Collect,hunt,target shoot,protect your home all you want just don't carry them around me.
    the recent and unfortunate shootings at virginia tech should show you the flaws of that belief. the bad guy lined up innocent people and shot them at his leisure. he was able to do this only because nobody had the means to stop him. im sure at least most of them felt the police and the campus security would keep them safe.

unarmed people are like sheep, and bad guys will always have guns. there is nothing you can do to disarm the criminal. the best you can hope for is to balance the scale.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

This maybe a repeat of another post, but I am not reading 101 posts.

I live in the suburbs of Philly, in the early days I did late night service in some scary areas. I have a license to carry, I packed a 25 automatic Beretta, and a 357 Smith and Wesson snub nose.

What you need to do when getting your carry license is to ask for the deadly force laws. Read them, obey them, but if you think your life is in danger shoot to kill. If you cannot do this then, you are going to have a problem.

I drew my 25 automatic twice, both times to stop a druggie from trying to grab my 357, if they see it they will try to grab it. Or worse they will shoot you to take it the easy way. The license is for you to carry the firearm in a concealed manner only.
    That 25 is not a pee shooter that everyone thinks it is.

I still have the license, but no longer carry, the money made in working these areas is not worth the risk. I do not advertise in the phone book so I don't get these ghetto calls.

Some last advice, take a NRA firearms training course, even if you think you know everything. Also carry more than one gun. The best is the wallet holster for the Beretta, looks just like a wallet, but with a trigger hole.

Page 298 of 373 FirstFirst ... 198248288291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305308348 ... LastLast