Page 372 of 373 FirstFirst ... 272322362365366367368369370371372373 LastLast
Results 4,824 to 4,836 of 4844

Thread: 9mm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    It is now reported that the shooter is dead, He is a convicted felon that spent 10 years in jail for murdering his Grandmother.

One of the two surviving fireman reports the fire was set on the south side of the road, and the shooter was across the street on the northside.

This was definitely an assassination/ambush.
    Thanks for the update.. He'll have an eternity to regret what he did

Company has strict policy of no guns period! If I could I would pack My never jam wheel 6 shot 357mag SW 686

all companies typically have a "no guns policy"; this is due to company liability and insurance rates. whether or not they would actually terminate you over it depends on the beliefs of your employer. personally i wouldnt work for anyone who would prevent me the means by which to defend myself to ensure i make it home every day.

Quote Originally Posted by trgams View Post
    My Boss carries a sig-saur 40, he likes the power, and added capacity, when I get my permit for concealed carry, I'm thinking about the 10mm, or 357 magnum, I prefer more power, I've heard stories from law enforcement about cracked-out felons being shot several times with the 9mm, and still attacking them. I would prefer something that's going to stop whatever is attacking me immediately.
    oh man , aren't you even giving a thought to overzealous prosecutors just itching to put you away for 20 years or more no matter what happened????it is a really bad situation..just wait and see what happens to mr. zimmerman at trial....you blow someone away with that cannon of yours your life and bank account will never be the same....that said , i love guns and in the engineer battalion i was stationed at i've handled and fired every weapon the army had while maintaining the infantry training center at fort dix , new jersey.....i'll carry military strength mace , my razor sharp dagger , and a stun gun......the law is not on your side in these cases even if you're a senior defending yourself...Jack
    Last edited by rojacman; 12-25-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: editing
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Going for out on tour is really a great idea. Driving a car is my passion.

Don't use a gun

Quote Originally Posted by bengregg View Post
    Going for out on tour is really a great idea. Driving a car is my passion.
    Good point above. I don't carry a gun anymore. I am a little too aggeressive to carry a gun among my countrymen. I can fight with just about anything I get my hands on. I once broke a huge guys arm with the disasymbled stock of an M-16. Keep a piece of gas-pipe handy. Let some guy dare you to hit him with that. Mace is really good too and you can cheaply keep a can on you and a can in your van and toolbox. Don't give warning to a derilict who wishes you harm. Let him have it and run like hell. If the cops catch you tell them you were fleeing danger. If you shoot somebody you sort of have to stick around and take responsibility. Don't stab anyone either. It seems like prosecutors are even worse on that than gunshot.
    Mace and a good umbrella are handy for a night out. And remember, backing down is the most convienent defense of all.

Might want to think about a can of long range wasp spray. Great for nests under disconnects and will put a grown man on his knees if shot in the face with it. It's right at home in the tool bag or in the Service Truck.
    Get the kind that shoots the big stream about 15' not the fog stuff.
    Johnstone #G89-754 shoots up to 20'.

Diceman's truck?Name:  szMAdoJ.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Diceman's truck?Name:  szMAdoJ.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  38.9 KB
    DUDE, where you been? and D-man is from Pennsylvania but I love the plate
    PUB'S
    The Official sunblock of Ireland

I knew Dice was from Pennsylvania, but I couldn't resist. Still living the dream in the Pacific Northwest, coaching the girls soccer team, just celebrated the 20 year anniversary with my honey, and trying to make a living while driving an oversized truck.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

I knew Dice was from Pennsylvania, but I couldn't resist. Still living the dream in the Pacific Northwest, coaching the girls soccer team, just celebrated the 20 year anniversary with my honey, and trying to make a living while driving an oversized truck.
    I hear ya, hows business out on the island? things staying pretty steady?

Gezz how old is your daughter now? 9-10 years old?
    PUB'S

My daughter is 15 now Good kid, great soccer and cross country runner, but made the Cheerleading team and now has had boyfriends....
    Business has been tight since 2008, but we still get a few nice custom waterfront homes, just not as much as the good old days. Hope all is well with you!
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

My daughter is 15 now Good kid, great soccer and cross country runner, but made the Cheerleading team and now has had boyfriends....
    Business has been tight since 2008, but we still get a few nice custom waterfront homes, just not as much as the good old days. Hope all is well with you!
    damn dude, 15? wasn't she just 3, last week??? ya business is tight, but we're hanging in there, I gave up on RNC in '07 just before the collapse.

you still have a partner?
    PUB'S

Page 372 of 373 FirstFirst ... 272322362365366367368369370371372373 LastLast