Page 1 of 314 123456781151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm or not?

Hybrid View

As of last year I have been carrying a 9. I have a permit and all that. Some crazy incidents around here prompted me to do so. I work in some not so great areas as well. I am not a gun nut. I would only use it for self protection and if ABSOLUTELY necessary. I have also heard stories of dog attacks by pit bulls and rotweilers that were being hit by crowbars and such and not even phased. They had to be shot to stop them.
    Any thoughts, liabilities, experiences? Thanks.

Somewhere I had read that you are in PA, I'm in Pittsburgh. Currently I reside in the suburbs but will be moving to the city in about 3mths. Not looking forward to it at all.
    With some of the things that I have seen around here I totally agree with your choice to carry. If you are familiar with the area then you may recall a shooting in the South Hills area at a local bar. Five people were shot, all injured, none died. They all had permits to carry. Only one went to jail. He had carried a gun for years, he does not carry a gun now. He is partially paralyzed. Point being if you carry you'd better be prepared to use it and face the consquences however they may turn out.

Except for law enforcement officers, I'm not in favor of anybody packing concealed weapons. Collect,hunt,target shoot,protect your home all you want just don't carry them around me. Talk about opening up a can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by ;19045
    Except for law enforcement officers, I'm not in favor of anybody packing concealed weapons. Collect,hunt,target shoot,protect your home all you want just don't carry them around me.
    the recent and unfortunate shootings at virginia tech should show you the flaws of that belief. the bad guy lined up innocent people and shot them at his leisure. he was able to do this only because nobody had the means to stop him. im sure at least most of them felt the police and the campus security would keep them safe.

unarmed people are like sheep, and bad guys will always have guns. there is nothing you can do to disarm the criminal. the best you can hope for is to balance the scale.

who from texas doesnt believe it is our god given right as a texan to carry and may the need arise use a concealed carry firearm. If you want to argue I will tell you tales of some neighborhoods in and around houston that will change your percection.....
    "I CARRY IN MY VAN MY TOOLS EQUIPMENT AND MYSELF, A CRIMINAL DOESNT CARE IF IT JEOPARDIZES MY LIVELIHOOD LET HIM RISK HIS"

Is this a States rights issue ? Or are there some in the shallow end of the gene pool ?randy you scare me
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Me think this thread deserves to be classified as

The 9mm Forum

Who with me on that?
    work to live not live to work

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Except for law enforcement officers, I'm not in favor of anybody packing concealed weapons. Collect,hunt,target shoot,protect your home all you want just don't carry them around me. Talk about opening up a can of worms.
    i dont have a concealed weapons permit so when i carry a gun it is in the open and some dont like it and thats to bad. if they dont like it they can leave just the same as i can if i dont approve of something.
    i only hunt and target shoot
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

greenair Needs to move to England

[QUOTE=geerair;19045] Talk about opening up a can of worms.[/QUOTE (Don't forget,this was posted years ago) Not a can of worms.The laws are the laws.I'm responsible for the bullets that leave my firearm.Peroid,end of discussion.Last I knew police officers put their pants on one leg at a time,same as you or I.Most LEO's embrace the public carring concealed,belive it or not.

Has anyone learned anything here ?

We're only up to page 310.After page 500 then people might learn something.

I've learned how Police officers put there pants on. myself I do both pant legs at once, saves time in the morning.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Page 1 of 314 123456781151101 ... LastLast