Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fujitsu vs Mitsubishi and other mini-splits

I talked with a local contractor who told me that Fujitsu mini-splits are "somewhat cheaper" than Mitsubishi, he said "lighter plastic", "fewer bells and whistles". Vague.
    Is this true? Are they lower quality in any sense that matters? Less durable?
    I don't care if they have lighter plastic as long as they're durable enough for upstate New York - a lot of temperature variation here. I looked at pricing online and Mitsubishi minisplits were maybe a little more expensive, but within 10%.
    Laura

Laura,

I had Fujitsu heat pump multi-split installed at my last house in Denver, Co.

It was installed to handle some heating and the cooling of an upstairs attic addition. The thing worked great, it was quiet, kept the upstairs cool during the very hot summers, and warm to pretty low temps. I could only get 8" of insulation into the roof so it was not the most well insulated place.

It seemed to have all the bells and whistles that the mitsubishi had at the time, I went with the Fujitsu because there was a local service company who could install and maintain it.

Ryan

there all the same. bells and whistles are different depending on model. sometimes you are just paying for a name.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

a

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    there all the same. bells and whistles are different depending on model. sometimes you are just paying for a name.
    Seems about right. This person didn't like Fujitsu as much, but maybe it's just a dislike of lighter plastic, he said the condensate tray for instance was lighter plastic. Light plastic doesn't bother me much.
    I asked him about the repair history and he said the minisplits in general had been very reliable, out of a few hundred he'd had TWO broken, and they were defective out of the box. Basically said that minisplits have almost never come back for repair. I may have misunderstood him though, because they do do minisplit repairs, it sounded like more often than that.
    So if it breaks down badly enough to need professional service only 1% of the time or so, that's very good. Fujitsu or not.
    Laura

I moved your LG mini split post into this thread also.
    So it makes more sense when someone reads it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Mini-splits

I hope the Mitsubishi is a good one, I just unpacked my new one, hope to have the time to install it in my bedroom this week-end, my undisclosed price was very reasonable, I priced a few different brands and went with this one.
    I have around 14x16' bedroom, I went with a 9,000 btu cool only.
    Hope it's quiet.
    I think you will be fine no matter what brand you go with, just pick a good installer, the job will depend on the installer more than the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I moved your LG mini split post into this thread also.
    So it makes more sense when someone reads it.
    People are more likely to see it if it's its own thread. I can reword it to make it more a standalone post if you like.
    Laura

You might want to make it easier to understand.

When it starts out, Also this local contractor.

Anybody reading it has no idea what your refering to, unless they already read this post.

But, since they are both about mini splits. Probably works better in the same thread.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

What about the Daikin mini splits?

I have installed many mini splits and can say without a doubt that the fujitsu's are hands down the best unit on the market and the most efficient, 9k-12k are 21 seer almost 25% more efficient than the closest competitor mitsu at 17 seer i have installed every different model that they make and they all have exceeded my expectations as well as the customers in the last 8 years I have not had even a single callback all customers are extremely happy with the ease of operation and efficiency cudos to fujitsu for making a great products

also you don't play with the plastic housing in the street any good tech should know how to open the panel and service the unit as they open very easily. as far as bells and whistles the plasma filter and air purifier are pretty much the same on different units and easy to clean and one more thing fijitsu's warranty is 2 years parts and 6 years compressor 20% more than any competitor and the mitsu and the fujitsu are right at the same price here
    Last edited by dbrdr66; 05-10-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: not finished

I love the Fujitsu's. Also check their website. Some of their heat pump systems qualify for the energy tax credit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast