+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: testo digi-cool data logging

Post Likes
    I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....
    my thoughts exactly. but if you have the need for data logging, then there is nothing that compares. or if you are one of those techy guys who has to have all the latest gadgets and gizmos, then money isn't an object.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    This thread got jumped! Testo makes a great product and the data logging is second to none. Yes there are other digital gauges out there, and each one fits a nitch. I think that if you are working on high end systems and need the kind of feed back that testo provides get it. If your sole purpose is data logging and printing out your results on site then get it. If you are hard on your gear be careful, because this analyzer is not meant to be put in a tool bag and lugged around. It is a analyzer and not just your everyday set of digital gauges. Good luck!
    i don't see how this thread got jumped... the OP asked about testo, digi-cool and data logging.

we aren't talking about that?

maybe we should discuss green eggs and ham, sam i am

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    This thread got jumped! Testo makes a great product and the data logging is second to none. Yes there are other digital gauges out there, and each one fits a nitch. I think that if you are working on high end systems and need the kind of feed back that testo provides get it. If your sole purpose is data logging and printing out your results on site then get it. If you are hard on your gear be careful, because this analyzer is not meant to be put in a tool bag and lugged around. It is a analyzer and not just your everyday set of digital gauges. Good luck!
    Not trashing Testo I think they're good. The only thing I would say bad is the Customer Service Dept was trouble BUT they shouldn't have to have Jim B to clean up their problem a large amount of the time. And Jim is great but he should have to fix thing for CS that much the Customer Service Dept needs training and the willingness and authority to give you solution without have to get Jim involved.

Again test is a good Product and Jim is great at his job.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    I'm pretty set on the digi-cool 1250 since it doesn't seem like the print out feature of the 560 is really enough to keep me from having to fill out an inspection log sheet anyway. I don't need data logging in the true sense of the term. Now all I have to do is get the book keeper to approve dropping the money on that and the Testo 510! I hope I can get a discount if I buy both...true-tech can you hook me up? Luckily tomorrow is bookkeepers day...err Mothers day and maybe I can catch her in a good mood and she'll sign off on it!

Post Likes
    i would wait till monday

they say that after someone hasate lunch is the best time for such a conversation too

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Adams View Post
    Hi

Im just curious at what the trending data proved I mean what fluxuations do you look for? Xvlv does that mean same as TXV or TEV?

Im trying to justify buying a digital outfit and your case sounds like a good reason.

Thanks
    That's correct TXV action along with SC & SH. I also have the temp sensor(s) so we can also trend outside air and/or inside air all on the same "graph". I picked up the 556 and the 435 set for performance testing. Pretty pricey but you can document everything on paper with accuracy.

My Testo's are used daily. But this is mostly a low end area and performance is secondary to price in most H.O.'s minds.

Now this being said the Digi-Cool units are very impressive! I tested a set for a while and found them to be very rugged and accurate. Doug has put his heart and soul into this product and it shows!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    I'm pretty set on the digi-cool 1250 since it doesn't seem like the print out feature of the 560 is really enough to keep me from having to fill out an inspection log sheet anyway. I don't need data logging in the true sense of the term. Now all I have to do is get the book keeper to approve dropping the money on that and the Testo 510! I hope I can get a discount if I buy both...true-tech can you hook me up? Luckily tomorrow is bookkeepers day...err Mothers day and maybe I can catch her in a good mood and she'll sign off on it!
    From Bill Spohn @ TTT Use "HVAC-Talk" in the coupon code box when requested for 6% off your purchase.
    (case sensitive)

This will work for anyone following this thread for the next 10 days
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    From Bill Spohn @ TTT Use "HVAC-Talk" in the coupon code box when requested for 6% off your purchase.
    (case sensitive)

WoW a TESTO guy giving away a coupon for a Digi-Cool product.
    TFMM

Post Likes
    (case sensitive)

Jim, I just placed my order for the digi-cool 1250. It's always great to get a discount, thanks true-tech! I can't wait to try it out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    That's correct TXV action along with SC & SH. I also have the temp sensor(s) so we can also trend outside air and/or inside air all on the same "graph". I picked up the 556 and the 435 set for performance testing. Pretty pricey but you can document everything on paper with accuracy.

My Testo's are used daily. But this is mostly a low end area and performance is secondary to price in most H.O.'s minds.
    If you are working in a price conscious area, then how is the cost of the equipment justified?

Is that much time saved?

Post Likes

Confused

(case sensitive)

Sorry to be stupid here but is the discount for TESTO products? I have no clue who Bill Spohn or TTT is? I even did a search for both and could find nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Adams View Post
    Sorry to be stupid here but is the discount for TESTO products? I have no clue who Bill Spohn or TTT is? I even did a search for both and could find nothing.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...ain_page=index it's an excellent HVAC tool site. Bill works there...

Post Likes
    (case sensitive)

hey Jim, my 605-H2 is about a year old or so now, and the DB temp is not reading what my calibrated dual input temp meter is reading. is there a way i can adjust it myself?

Post Likes
    Not that I know of, but I would check it against a known source under controlled conditions before I questioned it. Usually they work or do not. They are not a thermocouple they are thermistors. K-type stuff looses its calibration and repeatability over time. I have some that are over 8 years old that are still perfect.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    will check it again

would it mess it up if i gave it an ice water bath?

Post Likes
    If you are working in a price conscious area, then how is the cost of the equipment justified?

Is that much time saved?
    When it comes to Testo or Digi-Cool "digital gauges" there is no question that it is more accurate and faster. Like it or not we are moving to higher efficient 410a (and maybe other refrigerants) in the A/C field. Most Mgf.'s have charging charts on their CU's with SC/temp/SH tables, the higher the SEER the more this is important. Having the ability to hook up the gauges and read out directly pressure, SH & SC with out breaking out charts and all is a big time saver on it's own.

The Testo 435 IMHO is one of the best tools you could have for airflow measurement. There has been a number of times I have gone behind "Mr. I know everything about airflow" and proved to the HO that they had a problem.

Your better customers are reading sites like this and are learning that airflow is just as important as equipment. My goal is to sign up better customers!
    TFMM

Post Likes

Is that much time saved?
    after knowledge,

you're only as good as your tools

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    after knowledge,

you're only as good as your tools
    That's why when we go into a financial institution and they ask for an asset list.
    I give them a tool list!
    TFMM

Post Likes

Like Christmas in May!

ok I got the 1250 today.... haven't mounted it yet but I have read the manual and scrolled through the menu's. This thing is sweet! I can't believe how solid it feels. I haven't been excited about putting gauges on a unit in a long time I can't wait to put this thing into action tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in