Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    Jim,

I guess what I'm getting at is this example. You have a contract with light commercial systems, like the job I was on today has 19 split systems plus a little air cooled chiller. I put my gauges on each one and fill out a log sheet. I was wondering if a meter like the 560 could just capture the refrigeration readings. I guess you still have to manually write down the amperages, maybe fill in an oil level circle. So on one side I think wow, that would save a lot of writing, then again I think, well you'd probably be writing anyway and then you have to go print it out.

Anyway...I'm thinking digi-cool is the way to go. I have a nice 4 valve imperial I bought for 410A and as others have posted, the r-22 scale becomes sort of useless on a 410 gauge. so rather than another manifold, I may as well step up in the world!

Thanks all for the reply's....
    the testo printer is wireless, so you can print out what you record or read as it is happening
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The 556, 560, and the 523 can all print out the results via wireless printer. We are also working with a partner to develop a utility to troubleshoot and capture data via a palm. It is being used by about 50+ 556 users right now. The data is delivered to the palm through IR capture, airflow is measured and put in by hand. This is a small sampling of the screen shots of the utility.
    GetCool
    GetCool
    GetCool Like it

Has a better ring to it than

testocool
    testocool
    testocool
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Like Jim stated the NEW software is easier. Also if you are somewhat handy with a computer you can copy and paste it into Excel. Now it is almost endless what you can do.

As far as real world use, I am sitting with my finger on the button. Every time so far I thought I would get into a situation where i may have to document the refrigeration cycle, it never comes thru.

Last time I used it was in an argument over a 410a system charge with another tech. I trended the before and after Pressures, SC & SH and plotted it out in a graft. You can "see" the Xvlv working (or not). Shut him up BIG TIME.

I have a job in a couple of months where I must prove everything for the engineer. Can't wait!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Like Jim stated the NEW software is easier. Also if you are somewhat handy with a computer you can copy and paste it into Excel. Now it is almost endless what you can do.

As far as real world use, I am sitting with my finger on the button. Every time so far I thought I would get into a situation where i may have to document the refrigeration cycle, it never comes thru.

Last time I used it was in an argument over a 410a system charge with another tech. I trended the before and after Pressures, SC & SH and plotted it out in a graft. You can "see" the Xvlv working (or not). Shut him up BIG TIME.

I have a job in a couple of months where I must prove everything for the engineer. Can't wait!

Hi

Im just curious at what the trending data proved I mean what fluxuations do you look for? Xvlv does that mean same as TXV or TEV?

Im trying to justify buying a digital outfit and your case sounds like a good reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    it has changed recently then, cause the 560's i used was just last summer. is that a free update to the older 560's?
    Yes is is a free upgrade to the 560 (newer version) like below. The link is for both update and trial. If you have the software all you have to do is update then reenter the software key

http://www.testo-international.com/online/abaxx-?$part=PORTAL.INT.Applications&$event=show-from-content&externalid=opencms:/Sites/INT/SharedDocuments/Downloads/PCsoftwareTestoEasyKool/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Yes is is a free upgrade to the 560 (newer version) like below. The link is for both update and trial. If you have the software all you have to do is update then reenter the software key

http://www.testo-international.com/online/abaxx-?$part=PORTAL.INT.Applications&$event=show-from-content&externalid=opencms:/Sites/INT/SharedDocuments/Downloads/PCsoftwareTestoEasyKool/

Jim I agree that Test is a great product just I think in this case for use ability/durability in field and Customer Service. (talking to Doug or Brenda) and getting answer right the first time Makes it the right.

Jim don't get me wrong YOU are great and get it done right however Testo Customer Service Dept seem to have some Communication issues.

I like Testo and think the world of you and your comment to your product. But I would ever want to have to compete against DigiCool. Testo would be my 2 nd choice.
    If you help others then you are a Success

This thread got jumped! Testo makes a great product and the data logging is second to none. Yes there are other digital gauges out there, and each one fits a nitch. I think that if you are working on high end systems and need the kind of feed back that testo provides get it. If your sole purpose is data logging and printing out your results on site then get it. If you are hard on your gear be careful, because this analyzer is not meant to be put in a tool bag and lugged around. It is a analyzer and not just your everyday set of digital gauges. Good luck!
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....

Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....
    my thoughts exactly. but if you have the need for data logging, then there is nothing that compares. or if you are one of those techy guys who has to have all the latest gadgets and gizmos, then money isn't an object.

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    This thread got jumped! Testo makes a great product and the data logging is second to none. Yes there are other digital gauges out there, and each one fits a nitch. I think that if you are working on high end systems and need the kind of feed back that testo provides get it. If your sole purpose is data logging and printing out your results on site then get it. If you are hard on your gear be careful, because this analyzer is not meant to be put in a tool bag and lugged around. It is a analyzer and not just your everyday set of digital gauges. Good luck!
    i don't see how this thread got jumped... the OP asked about testo, digi-cool and data logging.

we aren't talking about that?

maybe we should discuss green eggs and ham, sam i am

Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    Not trashing Testo I think they're good. The only thing I would say bad is the Customer Service Dept was trouble BUT they shouldn't have to have Jim B to clean up their problem a large amount of the time. And Jim is great but he should have to fix thing for CS that much the Customer Service Dept needs training and the willingness and authority to give you solution without have to get Jim involved.

Again test is a good Product and Jim is great at his job.
    If you help others then you are a Success

I'm pretty set on the digi-cool 1250 since it doesn't seem like the print out feature of the 560 is really enough to keep me from having to fill out an inspection log sheet anyway. I don't need data logging in the true sense of the term. Now all I have to do is get the book keeper to approve dropping the money on that and the Testo 510! I hope I can get a discount if I buy both...true-tech can you hook me up? Luckily tomorrow is bookkeepers day...err Mothers day and maybe I can catch her in a good mood and she'll sign off on it!

i would wait till monday

they say that after someone hasate lunch is the best time for such a conversation too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast