+ Reply to Thread

Thread: testo digi-cool data logging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

testo digi-cool data logging

I'm going to go digital... I was wondering if anyone uses or sees any value in a feature that logs the readings and then lets you print them out or save them to a computer. I think the Testo 560 does it, not sure which other does it. It's a feature that looks pretty cool but in the real world may be more of a pita than a benefit. Anyone have any comments?

Thanks!

Post Likes
    I thought of that same thing.

As far as testo or DigiCool in Field application I Say Digi. It takes a beating better lager display. and the Bar graph. and You can change manifold.
    JMHO
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGAMurcfTQ

need I say more?

I had the pleasure of speaking with Doug Lockhart, the brains behind digi-cool and he was telling me a story about a tech who has a set of digi-cools who was working on a RTU or something and he spun around and knocked his manifold off the roof and down 2 stories. The only damage was a broken display (which can be swapped out).

That brings up another point. Field servicability. A quick search on youtube will show you how easily servicable the digi-cools are. I've seen the guts of mine and while I can't speak for the testos I can tell you the digi-cools are built to take a beating, they're not afraid of a little water either (though I don't suggest submersion) All wiring connections have snap lock connectors.

Check out the website in my signature, to see the full potential of the digi-cool's. They're much more than just a manifold, they're an analyzer in every sense of the word.
    Attitude is greater than Aptitude

Post Likes
    the software used by testo is a PITA!!! and i am not saying that because i think its a PITA. quite a few of the people i have talked to hate it as well.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    the software used by testo is a PITA!!! and i am not saying that because i think its a PITA. quite a few of the people i have talked to hate it as well.

Yup, its a PITA. I agree.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    I thought i had made my mind on going with testo but just saw a video that they dont measure in Hg, it show negitive PSI

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    I thought i had made my mind on going with testo but just saw a video that they dont measure in Hg, it show negitive PSI

You'll be much happier with DigiCool. Not slamming Testo JMHO

Post Likes
    You guys apparently have not used the new 560 nor software, as it has changed and is very easy to use and very powerful. It operates in real-time and has a lot of cool features. The older version was a PITA, but it was still better than what anyone else had. The new only works with the new 556 and 560. When it comes to data logging no one can compete.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    higher resolution
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Jim,

I guess what I'm getting at is this example. You have a contract with light commercial systems, like the job I was on today has 19 split systems plus a little air cooled chiller. I put my gauges on each one and fill out a log sheet. I was wondering if a meter like the 560 could just capture the refrigeration readings. I guess you still have to manually write down the amperages, maybe fill in an oil level circle. So on one side I think wow, that would save a lot of writing, then again I think, well you'd probably be writing anyway and then you have to go print it out.

Anyway...I'm thinking digi-cool is the way to go. I have a nice 4 valve imperial I bought for 410A and as others have posted, the r-22 scale becomes sort of useless on a 410 gauge. so rather than another manifold, I may as well step up in the world!

Thanks all for the reply's....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    You guys apparently have not used the new 560 nor software, as it has changed and is very easy to use and very powerful. It operates in real-time and has a lot of cool features. The older version was a PITA, but it was still better than what anyone else had. The new only works with the new 556 and 560. When it comes to data logging no one can compete.
    i agree with that statement

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    I'm not hard on my tools, but over $2k for the Testo 560 with all the bells and whistles is a big bite....
    my thoughts exactly. but if you have the need for data logging, then there is nothing that compares. or if you are one of those techy guys who has to have all the latest gadgets and gizmos, then money isn't an object.

Post Likes
    Like's hold the keys to the kingdom

Post Likes
    This damn thread made me order a set of digi-cools finally.

So I so excited to check them out tonight. But wait, signature required. Damn now I have to wait till tomorrow.

And damn this forum, the money I have spent listening to you guys.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post

THIS is money well spent. Soon you will be like the rest of us and those "other" gauges will just be sitting in the truck!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    This damn thread made me order a set of digi-cools finally.

So I so excited to check them out tonight. But wait, signature required. Damn now I have to wait till tomorrow.

It will save you money in the long run. and Its the best money you'll ever spend with the Best Customer Service you'll get anywhere on anything ever.

You'll love them

Post Likes
    Well I picked them up from UPS last night. I had the day off so I mounted them up on to my favorite Imperial manifold. Set them up on my house system. Wow they are slick and easy to use.

I have two gripe. Why couldn't they have the liquid line temp show after the suction temp? I know you can just look at the suction temp and td and do the math. The other gripe is it would be nice if you could have the option to have the sat temp, sh and sc, or line temps listed under the pressures. So you could watch them without scrolling through mode.

Over all they seem very rugged and easy to use. I hope they work out for me.

Post Likes
    Well I picked them up from UPS last night. I had the day off so I mounted them up on to my favorite Imperial manifold. Set them up on my house system. Wow they are slick and easy to use.

I have two gripe. Why couldn't they have the liquid line temp show after the suction temp? I know you can just look at the suction temp and td and do the math. The other gripe is it would be nice if you could have the option to have the sat temp, sh and sc, or line temps listed under the pressures. So you could watch them without scrolling through mode.

Over all they seem very rugged and easy to use. I hope they work out for me.
    I have the 4 valve imperial. I mounted it and they look great. But I never got a chance to hook them up and try them out... I'll probably use my unit as the test this weekend.

Post Likes
    Enjoy
    I you have no idea what a different it makes
    And to have a set of gages that if they take a wack you don't worry if the out of calibration

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in