Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delta BACnet Objects

Good-day.

We BACnet a Delta DSC1616 controller to a NAE using MSTP. What I find is that any PB, IT, etc are not BACnet into the NAE. We see schedules, inputs, outputs etc but no tuneing paramaters.

Is their somehting in Orcaview that we need to able to show the BACnet objects.

Thanks

Proportional Bands and I time are in the bacnet object for "Control". These can be either written directly in or other bacnet objects can be used as a reference. I think its the CO block but haven't got my dongle to check. Does the NAE support this block?

The other option would be to use AV's in the delta as I said above to write to the CO block parameters in Delta, then the NAE could pick up these points.

Hope this makes sense
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

BacNet encoding type in the NAE?
    Is BacNet Site enabled in the NAE?
    UA Local 141

So your saying you hooked the DSC to the NAE on the FC BUS? Is that the only device there?
    UA Local 141

Hello,

The Delta is connected to the NAE using the MS/TP port. We also have the Johnson Contorls FEC and Delta VLC-853 controllers.

The NAE site is setup with BACnet - encodeing type ASCII.

From what I can tell, the NAE doesn't support the CO block.

What would the code look like if I needed to write the PB and IT from a CO block to a AV so that the NAE would see it.

THanks

I have not put a NAE with orcaview yet so I can not tell you exactly what the NAE will do.

CAn you view the devices in Orcaview or are you trying to view the devices through the NAE without OrcaView.

The only third party devices I have on an NAE trunk is Allerton devices, so far.
    But I still need Allerton software to program the allerton devices.

Does not support the CO block? I am confused on that one. You cannot discover the CO object in the NAE?

You said VLC853's, aren't those Allerton devices?

Can you see the Delta devices in Navigator?
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Hello,

The Delta is connected to the NAE using the MS/TP port. We also have the Johnson Contorls FEC and Delta VLC-853 controllers.

The NAE site is setup with BACnet - encodeing type ASCII.

From what I can tell, the NAE doesn't support the CO block.

What would the code look like if I needed to write the PB and IT from a CO block to a AV so that the NAE would see it.

THanks
    The FEC and other devices are offf the NAE FC bus....
    Does the DSC have a Ethernet cable already.

Is the NAE newly installed. DSC was existing. The Orcaview has to look at some device, DSC or NAE.
    DSC is a supervisory controller....

Lets talk about your site architechture.
    Were does the NAE come in.

What is The DSC doing besides some kind of controller (plant controller).

sorry fro so many questions, i am trying to picture your site.
    UA Local 141

OK I will take a stab at what I THINK before you answer my above post.

Do not discover the DSC on the FC bus but discover it through a BacNet Intergration in the NAE and talk BacNet IP to it and I bet you can see the CO's through OrcaView that way, but I still not sure why you won't not see them anyway, FC bus or IP, in navigator.
    UA Local 141

Good-day,

We use BacTalk ONLY to configure the Alerton VLC-853 controller. The supervisory is done by the NAE to an ADS. All the objects created in the VLC controller is Bacnet into the NAE.

We use Orcaview ONLY to configure the Delta DSC1616 controller. As above the supervisory is done by the NAE. With the Detla controller we only see I\O points and no specially items like from the CO block. Not to sure on what this really is, just referening from picnik comments.

We did the auto discovery from the NAE using the MSTP and not BACnet/IP on the Delta controller. I attached a quick drawing of what we have.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello,

I'll try discovery the Delta by IP this week and will let you know what I find out.

Thanks again

here is the NAE V4 PIC statement

http://www.big-eu.org/catalog/johnso...ICS%20V4.0.pdf

You can see on page 7 that the standard bacnet object "Loop" is not supported

from the Delta PIC statement here

http://www.big-eu.org/catalog/delta/...ev.%203.8_.pdf

You can see on page 5 that the "loop" object is supported and is indeed used for PID control by Delta in their controllers.

The Loop Object can either have its PB and ITime written directly into the Loop object or the parameters can be referenced to other objects like Analoge Values. I would suggest additional AV's need to be created and these used by the Loop object in the delta for their PB and ITime. These Analogue Values would then be adjustable from the NAE.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Thanks this is what I needed to know.

Question on this: Is this done with the GCL+ program? If so could you show me a quick idea on how this would look.

The Loop Object can either have its PB and ITime written directly into the Loop object or the parameters can be referenced to other objects like Analoge Values. I would suggest additional AV's need to be created and these used by the Loop object in the delta for their PB and ITime. These Analogue Values would then be adjustable from the NAE.

Thanks again for the help

Yes exactly how would you reference the PI stuff in the CO loop to a AV. If we can do that then yes you can use a AV in the NAE to tune the CO.
    UA Local 141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast