Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 400
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by homersodyssey View Post
    Ok, so there is judgement after death. God makes a decision on where we spend eternity: heaven or hell. What is He basing his decision on? It seems Boot's answer is whether we believe in Him or not. On that basis it seems less like a judgement and more a choice. What's there to judge if the criteria is so straight forward?
    Lots of judgment to be made. There are different levels of hell and different levels of Heavenly reward. There are several crowns awarded to the faithful.

    But the simple fact remains...your VERY WORST day of pain on earth will not even scratch the VERY BEST day in hell, even for the nicest non-believer. And your very best day on earth does not hold a candle to the very worst day in Heaven, even for the vilest sinner saved in Christ.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by homersodyssey View Post
    I'm sorry if I offended you, it certainly wasn't my intention. All I'm trying to do is understand where you are coming from on this and most other issues we chat about.
    We're good on this. I just don't like being catagorized is all.

    I don't understand how someone can believe in God but be mistaken nor how someone who rejects God might actually be a reverent believer.
    I'm not sure how this works either. I am trying to find the references to this but cannot remember how it came up. Something about there being many who do not know Jesus who will be with Him after mortal death.

    There may be a tendency on my part to pigeon hole non-Catholics as there are many issues you all look the same to me on. With time I'm coming to realize how you see scripture may be different then boot, or TB, or even more challenging chaps like arc8 and acman.
    This is the issue that proves what I say about man not being able to understand scripture. We can't all be right, but we are probably not all wrong overall. We are being manipulated into disdain for one another within our very faith of the One who we should be unified over. Who is right or who is wrong does not matter because the Truth is what it is. All we need to do is to keep an open mind and heart so that when the time comes, we can accept the Truth and not have to realize that what we fought over was a deceitful belief.

    We need to stop being Catholics and Protestants and this one and that one and become Christians seeking the Truth, not religious zealots telling others what we think the truth is.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Lots of judgment to be made. There are different levels of hell and different levels of Heavenly reward. There are several crowns awarded to the faithful.

    But the simple fact remains...your VERY WORST day of pain on earth will not even scratch the VERY BEST day in hell, even for the nicest non-believer. And your very best day on earth does not hold a candle to the very worst day in Heaven, even for the vilest sinner saved in Christ.
    Why are you preaching as if you are God? You know for fact no more then anyone else knows for fact what our spiritual existance after mortal death is to be. What makes you think you are the one of millions who spouts off fire and brimstone that is the one who is right? You do realize that all of the others like you who claim to know God's will completely are saying that you are the one who is wrong....don't you? Well, to use a famous line; "Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong."

    There is only one Truth, and that Truth continues to be blurred from our view by the deceiver who rules this mortal existance. Satan's best work is to convince believers that they are the ones who know God's will and everyone else is wrong.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why are you preaching as if you are God? You know for fact no more then anyone else knows for fact what our spiritual existance after mortal death is to be. What makes you think you are the one of millions who spouts off fire and brimstone that is the one who is right? You do realize that all of the others like you who claim to know God's will completely are saying that you are the one who is wrong....don't you? Well, to use a famous line; "Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong."

    There is only one Truth, and that Truth continues to be blurred from our view by the deceiver who rules this mortal existance. Satan's best work is to convince believers that they are the ones who know God's will and everyone else is wrong.
    Just tellin' it like it is...unless God is wrong. It's all in Scripture. I'm not the author of the above truth. Just the messenger. (Do you take potshots at your newspaper boy?)
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Just tellin' it like it is...unless God is wrong. It's all in Scripture. I'm not the author of the above truth. Just the messenger. (Do you take potshots at your newspaper boy?)
    My newspaper person does not give me her interpretation of the news and tell me that it is an absolute fact even though there are hundreds of other viable interpretations of what is vaguely put out in the news.

    Not that scripture is vague, but as I have continuosly stated; if everyone with opininons on scripture accuses every other pseudo god speaker of being wrong, then nobody is right.

    What makes your particular brand of pompous attitude any better then all of those who oppose what you claim to know for fact?

    Unlike others, I am not saying you are wrong, just that you may not be right and therefore should be more open hearted about what you "THINK" is what scripture's intent is.

    Now that you are home, can you please support your claims that I am wrong about the Matthew passages you are using for your own beliefs?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My newspaper person does not give me her interpretation of the news and tell me that it is an absolute fact even though there are hundreds of other viable interpretations of what is vaguely put out in the news.

    Not that scripture is vague, but as I have continuosly stated; if everyone with opininons on scripture accuses every other pseudo god speaker of being wrong, then nobody is right.

    What makes your particular brand of pompous attitude any better then all of those who oppose what you claim to know for fact?

    Unlike others, I am not saying you are wrong, just that you may not be right and therefore should be more open hearted about what you "THINK" is what scripture's intent is.

    Now that you are home, can you please support your claims that I am wrong about the Matthew passages you are using for your own beliefs?
    And I'm the only one not allowed to post my "opinion"?

    And why are you so angry?

    And why do you keep contradicting yourself?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Grand Forks, MN
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why are you preaching as if you are God? You know for fact no more then anyone else knows for fact what our spiritual existance after mortal death is to be. What makes you think you are the one of millions who spouts off fire and brimstone that is the one who is right? You do realize that all of the others like you who claim to know God's will completely are saying that you are the one who is wrong....don't you? Well, to use a famous line; "Nobody's right, if everybody's wrong."

    There is only one Truth, and that Truth continues to be blurred from our view by the deceiver who rules this mortal existance. Satan's best work is to convince believers that they are the ones who know God's will and everyone else is wrong.
    Is this a sample of Matthew 7:1?

    BTW, we can know God's will or at least a lot of it by reading God's Word!

    Does mankind think we will never or could never understand much about Christ's mind?

    But believers shall know God's purpose and will:
    1Co:2:16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
    Ph'p:3:15: Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
    Heb:8:10: For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    M't:22:37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

    To be honest; I don't know all God's will for me for every moment; but what I do know, I should obey them; and they are very simple to understand than to put in practise; nevertheless, We actually can know God's will for our life or at least some of it by reading God's word whether it comes by a Church or by our devotional time!

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,134
    Darn planks.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    And I'm the only one not allowed to post my "opinion"?

    And why are you so angry?

    And why do you keep contradicting yourself?
    All you do is post your opinion.

    I am not at all angry.

    Once again you made an accusation without any explanation.

    For such a pious person, you sure are full of yourself lately boots. You sure you don't have a god complex?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    All you do is post your opinion.

    I am not at all angry.

    Once again you made an accusation without any explanation.

    For such a pious person, you sure are full of yourself lately boots. You sure you don't have a god complex?
    Posting simple facts makes me "full of myself"?

    What accusation did I make?

    If you are not angry, why do you post as if you are?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by homersodyssey View Post
    He does say many times to believe in Him. However, if there are no consequences for sin then there is no judgement either. He mentions judgement a lot too. Is there a contradiction here on His part or a misunderstanding on yours?
    B. The second option,
    a misunderstanding on yours?
    Sure there's a consequence for sin, if there wasn't, God would not be a just God, and the consequence was paid in full on the cross. That's why there is nothing left to do. Those who trust Jesus completely, recieve that full covering He bought and paid for in full.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Darn planks.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event