Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031
Results 391 to 400 of 400
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    How so?
    because thats what they believe

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    because thats what they believe
    That may be what they claim to believe, but my question was "How".

    How do they think they are personally connected to God?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    That may be what they claim to believe, but my question was "How".

    How do they think they are personally connected to God?
    well, the same waythat you consider having a personal relationship with Jesus

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    A personal connection to God

    You know thats a Muslim concept
    Actually, Islam claims that Allah is the unknowable one. He is not personal at all and could care less about humanity. Allah is only interested in Allah.

    In Christianity, Christ (God) dies for you. Allah wants people to die for him. Thus, sucide bombers gain paradise.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    well, the same waythat you consider having a personal relationship with Jesus
    Islam denies that you can have a personal relationship with Allah.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Islam denies that you can have a personal relationship with Allah.
    well, I believe you are wrong


    Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, surrender to the will of God, purification, physically strengthening the system, and renewal of the personal relationship with God. Muslims also see themselves as living in a way that shares the hardships of the poor and deprived. The fast is broken each evening with prayers and an Iftar, special dinner.
    Last edited by acmanko; 06-01-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: addition

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    well, I believe you are wrong


    Emphasis is placed on self-discipline, surrender to the will of God, purification, physically strengthening the system, and renewal of the personal relationship with God. Muslims also see themselves as living in a way that shares the hardships of the poor and deprived. The fast is broken each evening with prayers and an Iftar, special dinner.
    Believe what you want mancow. After all, we are still living in a free country....for now. However, I have found several sources citing that Allah is not a real cozy guy to cuddle up to;
    The Koran, for example, states unequivocally that Allah is an unknowable and non-personal deity. By contrast, the God of the Bible allows Himself to be known and desires fellowship with human beings on a personal basis. Indeed, the Bible says that Abraham (the same Abraham whom Muslims say they venerate) was the "friend of God."
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/..._is_allah.html

    http://www.apologeticsindex.org/i07ab.html

    and from a Muslim teaching site;
    In the Qur'an Allah is unknowable. The 99 attributes of Allah telling us what Allah is not, but never telling us what he is.
    http://www.ibnzura.com/grace_in_the_quran.php
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #398
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,378
    Sometimes I have to crack up reading some of this nonsense, there is the catholic, the lutheran the babtist the jew the muslim, and lets not forget the nazies the kkk's and the left and the right..etc etc ad nausium.

    Put people in neat little boxes with definitions that we feel comfortable in.

    Here is a good theme...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEYGU_7EqU

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Sometimes I have to crack up reading some of this nonsense, there is the catholic, the lutheran the babtist the jew the muslim, and lets not forget the nazies the kkk's and the left and the right..etc etc ad nausium.

    Put people in neat little boxes with definitions that we feel comfortable in.

    Here is a good theme...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEYGU_7EqU

    Roy
    I must agree that we do do this. You and I are no exceptions to this either, Roy.

    In fact, there is some of all of those belief structures in all of us. We tend to condemn the whole for a part and defend the whole for a part, and that is not a way to understand one another as a whole.

    Thanks for bringing this to light. We should always stop every few moments of our conversations and see if we are not falling back into this way of thinking.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #400
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I must agree that we do do this. You and I are no exceptions to this either, Roy.

    In fact, there is some of all of those belief structures in all of us. We tend to condemn the whole for a part and defend the whole for a part, and that is not a way to understand one another as a whole.

    Thanks for bringing this to light. We should always stop every few moments of our conversations and see if we are not falling back into this way of thinking.
    That's utter nonsense. Notice the song said nothing about brick. There is a reason for that. Have you forgotten the three pigs and the big bad wolf? God looks after those who a smart enough to know to care care of themself and family, everyone else can be catigorized

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event