Thread: Heat loss software

Post Likes
    Hi guys, I need new heat loss, heat gain, software, I have EZ program but would like a little more, like commercial, duct design,piping, etc. Any ideas would be great, Right soft seems expensive. Thanks Bill
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

HVAC LoadCalc

Don Sleeth IS the MAN. Try it for free, buy it with confidence. Support IS available. Check it out. Take care,http://www.hvac-calc.com Click your way into Canada!

Randy Yates

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Yes - I use both HVAC-Calc programs, great stuff, good price too. As a member of HVAC-Talk you can get a discount if you get both programs. Take a look here: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1450

Post Likes

Talking

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto There is no better program out there. I've tried most of them.

I was in a customer's office today when a fax came through from a competitor of mine inviting him to come to a seminar on Wright J. It was only going to cost him $50 to attend. What a joke. Make him pay to attend a live commercial.

I went out to my car and brought my lap top in to show him what Don's program would do. He couldn't believe how easy they were and I assured him how much less he would pay for this excellent program. I suggested he log on here to buy it at the special price.

Sorry, I protests to much, but stop your shopping and pull out your credit card. You'll never regret it (unless you buy another program)

Post Likes
    Boss is correct. As a member of HVAC-Talk you get residential for 389.00 and commercial for 239.00. I did. Just let them know when you order that you are a member.

Post Likes
    Thank you everyone, I will order Don's programs.
    Bill

Post Likes
    HVAC-Calc rocks!

For $39, I was able to do what none of the three contractors who came to my house was able to do: accurately size a replacement furnace. Each asked me for the square footage of the house, and told me what size I "needed." The first said 120k BTU, but later said he had deliberately over-sized it. The other two said 100k.

After carefully measuring and inputting data into HVAC-Calc, I found that my total heat loss, with no upgrades, is 62k BTU. If I add R30 ceiling insulation and insulate the ducts to R4, its only 50k. With R6 duct insulation, its 48k BTU. I'm no expert, but I do think I can use a tape measure with fair accuracy.

So I need a furnace half the capacity of what three experienced HVAC contractors recommended by rule of thumb.

Post Likes
    I got around to getting Don's software, I have done two complicated houses and one commercial on a Sunday morning in two hours not bad! Bill

Post Likes

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

AllTemp recommends HVAC-Calc to anyone... I never go to a sales proposal without it!

http://hvaccomputer.com

It's truly an amazing program with a learning curve I even muster up too ! :-)

We print and bind the reports, usually with the customers name and address and if I've done my home work paste a crisp clean photo of their home on the cover...
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    HVAC_CALC is THE program, I take it on every sales call, people love it when you walk around their home with laptop, impresses the hell out of em
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes

Well warmbill,

did you sell them jobs? Are you as happy as the rest of us with the program?? I bet you are!! Jack

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in