+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pepper steak; easy.fast,spicy,not too pricey

Post Likes

Pepper steak; easy.fast,spicy,not too pricey

This is really good for HVAC guys, especially if you are single or the woman cannot cook or is too busy too for much.

Basically you got tenderized meat patties they sell at the supermarket, I forget what they call them but it is about the size of a large hamburger patty and beaten with one of those spiked hammers and about a half inch thick so you cannot miss them. Cook one well, fried and season your taste. I like black pepper and a little salt. When done, cut it into strips about 1/2 inch by one inch.

Throw it back into the skillet [single patty] and add bell pepper and white onion diced to similar sizes. That should amount to about one whole bell pepper and a half an onion. I like to add some finely diced garlic. At this point, shake in some choice of Worcestershire sauce, A-1, Heinz57, black pepper, season to your own taste. I like the worch, A1, and more black pepper. Add 1/2 cup water, put a lid on it and let it simmer until the water cooks off. Stir it to finish when it gets down to getting the water cooked out, you can easily tell when ready because you will be taste-testing by now. You want the water cooked-off, but not to continue so long as to start frying again.

Shopping is easy, you can pick-up a 4 pack of the meat, 4 bells, 2 onion, one garlic clove and hit the express lane with several meals.

Post Likes
    It would be even better if you cut up a rib steak?

Post Likes
    I have used other meat, I think it was round steak. The thing is, mine comes out so spicy that the better meat is not really all that much helpful for taste. I use LOTS of spice in mine though. Also you get a mixture of pepper and onion with the meat. So I just go with the cheaper meat. That stuff I use may even absorb the sauce better too since it is pounded-up pretty good, I seldom bother to marinate at all but I might shake some Worcestershire in the package after it is open. After you cook it well, then cook it again, the cheap meat comes out very tender.

Post Likes
    I wish i had not read this post. I had a feeling it was going to make me hungry. I might try making this tonight

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Man this sounds good I just had to eat tuna and soup thanks for the recipe I will have to try on weekend with some beers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Basically you got tenderized meat patties they sell at the supermarket, I forget what they call them but it is about the size of a large hamburger patty and beaten with one of those spiked hammers and about a half inch thick so you cannot miss them.
    This type of steak is called "cube steak".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_steak

Take care.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    This type of steak is called "cube steak".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_steak

Take care.
    Bingo!! I had forgotten.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Bingo!! I had forgotten.
    Please e-mail some, next time you make it

Take care.

Post Likes
    Since posting this, I am thinking I might try it with pork-chop meat sometime....... might be good....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in