+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wet bulb reading with a amprobe THWD-2 Psychrometer?

Post Likes

Confused Wet bulb reading with a amprobe THWD-2 Psychrometer?

I have a question!

I made a vow with myself that I would be a better tech by checking wet bulb on all of my new and existing install this year. I know what you guys are thinking! "You should have being doing that all the time!" Well anyway I got this Amprobe THWD-2 and I need to know the proper way of measuring for wet bulb in a home. In school many years ago we use a sling psychrometer that we had to wet a little sock and sling the thing around to get a wet bulb reading.

And I've been reading some post and they where talking about taking it in the retrun. Please help I'm getting confused!

I hope I did not waste my money on this tool.

Thanks!!

Post Likes
    I have one and you press the second button from the left bottom row until it says WT. Take the reading near the return. Watch it as it will update every few seconds.
    Doug

Post Likes
    relax brother, u did good the thwd-2 is a decent tool not everbody has the jack for testo stuff. for w\b to get sh you could drill ahole in the return drop or check at a return grille near t-stat.

Post Likes
    Thank's I feel much better now!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cook42 View Post
    And I've been reading some post and they where talking about taking it in the retrun. Please help I'm getting confused!
    Technically speaking, WB should be taken directly at the evaporator air inlet, but in practice, that's normally impossible or impractical, so the return grille is fine. I used some wire to make a hook for mine, so I can hang it on the grille while I take other measurements.

Jeremy

Post Likes
    That is the only problem I have with mine, I am thinking of glueing on a strip of magnet to the back of mine to hold it on the grill while I am taking measurements.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in