+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Place in Chicago, can't remember the name. Deep dish pizza, took an hour to cook it, a minute and a half to eat it.

Second place

San Diego, can't remember this name either (I'm old). Wood Fired BBQ Chicken. Surprised all my fingers were inact after wolfing that down.
    Are you trying to hide in the food section from those ARP nut jobs I think i see them comming to get us LOL watch out.

Post Likes
    Place in Chicago, can't remember the name. Deep dish pizza, took an hour to cook it, a minute and a half to eat it.

Second place

San Diego, can't remember this name either (I'm old). Wood Fired BBQ Chicken. Surprised all my fingers were inact after wolfing that down.
    Are you trying to hide in the food section from those ARP nut jobs I think i see them comming to get us LOL watch out.

Post Likes
    I'm in Toronto, Canada and for me the best pizza is from Pizza Nova.
    Perfect thin crust pizza.

Post Likes
    Godfathers ,no longer in Louisville Ky... So i'll have to say Wicks Pizza!!!

Post Likes
    Depends on what kind of pizza you like.

If you like Italian style, well then, no one does it better than Sorelli's in Woburn, MA. One of the few that still spins his own dough by hand.

If you like Greek style, Andrea's Pizza. Excellent crust, not too chewy for being the thick stuff.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I tried Papa Murphy's for the first time a couple of weeks back and it was great pizza for the price and being able to take it home and cook it in your own oven was a nice change.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I would like to try the Buffalo Chicken pizza...sounds interesting!

For those who named Dominos and Pizza Hut...where do you think all the recycled cardboard in the world gets used...

Post Likes

Talking

If ever in Utah, go to Pie Pizzaria next to the University of Utah. Huge slices, tons of ingredients, cold beer. And coeds everywhere.
    And you can write on the walls.

Post Likes
    Newark, Ohio: Pizza Cottage, best Pizza in town.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Imo's
    Their anchovie is killer.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Alex's in Rolla, MO is my personal favorite. Wicked Good in Okemo, VT is very, very good too. For a (small) chain, Dewey's is pretty darned good.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    A good pizza, generic style is the ones that Wal-Mart have in their Deli department, for $7 or $8 you get one huge pizza and it's really not bad, the Pizza is larger than my rack in the oven the price is right and is better than any frozen Pizza you'll buy anywhere. For real Pizza I liked a place we use to have called Shaky's Pizzeria, I remember when I was a kid we would go there and you would get a Styrofoam hat and other goodies, they had a piano player was a fun place and good thin crust Pizza.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Depends on what kind of pizza you like.

If you like Italian style, well then, no one does it better than Sorelli's in Woburn, MA. One of the few that still spins his own dough by hand.

If you like Greek style, Andrea's Pizza. Excellent crust, not too chewy for being the thick stuff.
    Born and raised in Texas doesn't exactly instruct one in the intracacies of pizza.

What does Italian and Greek style pizza involve?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Post Likes
    Born and raised in Texas doesn't exactly instruct one in the intracacies of pizza.

What does Italian and Greek style pizza involve?
    Italian Style = thin crispy crust generally with a thinner more spicy sauce than Greek. Also, Italian features some toppings that are different. It would be unusual to see a Greek shop offer tomato slices as a topping, for example. Italian shops will often sprinkle the top with grated parmesan as well.

Here in the Northeast, you can detect a Greek place if it's a House of Pizza. Anything that says House of Pizza in the name is Greek. Greek style features a much thicker, softer and chewier crust. Not crispy unless you order it well done. Greeks will also often use a softer pre-roasted green pepper where Italians use fresh which ends up with a crunchier pepper. Tends to be a bit greasy compared to Italian especially with meat toppings.

Greek dough tends to be too heavy to spin by hand as some Italian shops do. Instead they'll roll it out.

I like both but slightly prefer Greek style pizza.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    My wife is from des moines and when we go visit her family I always stop at papa murphys Papa murphys..soooo good.
    R-HVAC techs make the world a cool place.

Post Likes
    In Cincinnati, Ohio, there's only one place to get the best pizza, no mater how you like the crust....................

LaRosa's

http://www.larosas.com/site_content/6.0.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Italian Style = thin crispy crust generally with a thinner more spicy sauce than Greek. Also, Italian features some toppings that are different. It would be unusual to see a Greek shop offer tomato slices as a topping, for example. Italian shops will often sprinkle the top with grated parmesan as well.

Here in the Northeast, you can detect a Greek place if it's a House of Pizza. Anything that says House of Pizza in the name is Greek. Greek style features a much thicker, softer and chewier crust. Not crispy unless you order it well done. Greeks will also often use a softer pre-roasted green pepper where Italians use fresh which ends up with a crunchier pepper. Tends to be a bit greasy compared to Italian especially with meat toppings.

Greek dough tends to be too heavy to spin by hand as some Italian shops do. Instead they'll roll it out.

I like both but slightly prefer Greek style pizza.
    Pretty funny and accurate description of types of pizzas.

Also may I add: If there is a lot of yelling and screaming and it sounds like a murder is about to be committed in the kitchen: then, it is diffinately a Greek "house of Pizza"

Post Likes
    All pizza joints in NYC spin by hand,maybe the big chains dont .Eating at Domino's here would be like eating at Taco Bell in Mexico All pizza is Italian style,If they are not Italian they try to hide the fact

Post Likes
    I cant remember the name of the place but one night in adams morgan, dc had a slice from this popular place it was no lie the size of half a dominoes large pizza. Kinda greasy but so good i'll never forget it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in