Thread: help deciding

help deciding

i think i'm finally ready to purchase a set of digital gauges. Deciding between the testo523 or digicool 1600. I done searches and such, is there any good things about the testo over the digicools, i like how they look more compact and it wouldn't require a manifold purchase. Do the Testos require babying when I'm done with them?

Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    I done searches and such, is there any good things about the testo over the digicools, i like how they look more compact and it wouldn't require a manifold purchase.
    That is a tough decision.

Not having a manifold is not a minus for a Digicool.

How long does a regular set on gauges last with you now and what are you going to use them for ?

They are both good for different reasons.

Either set is tougher than a regular set IMO
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

That's easy..... Digi-Cool

DigiCool 1250 but 1600 is good.

The digi has the bar graph takes a Wacke better then any thing out there. Pulse the best Customer Service I've ever had any were.

the best money you'll spend you find Digi out there still in great shape that are treated like $hit several yrs old.

Testo are good but I'll go Digi Cool.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Regular gauges last me about year or a little more, dont know if thats good or bad, mainly resi service, so they are used a lot.

tried asking the company about tool purchase and that i would pay back weekly, but they dont believe in digital maybe i should them to get rid of there digital blackberrys, multimeters, etc. I dont get it.

The digi will stay Calb for years to come pulse you can pick or change what ever manifold you want.

Ask for the cost of good Analog gauges and tell them you'll pay the rest.
    If you help others then you are a Success

If you want the digi's with a manifold, then get the yellow jackets, they're exactly the same as the d.c 1250's except no backlight which you can upgrade to later once they make you some dough. I've had a set for about a year now and they are all I use. I like being able to watch txv.
    I am the Stig

I like digis but have not tried other.
    Do it right the first time.

that is a tough decision. both are great products.

but it has been stated here many times that the testo's aren't as rugged, and a couple other inconviences, such as the hook to hang the gauges suck. but sometimes bad news spreads worse than good news. i got a chance to use a 523 set for a month or so last summer and thought they where pretty nice. but i like the larger numbers and display of my digi-cools mush better, i can see whats going on from a farther distance, as i may be doing more than one thing at a time
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?