Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    #1 install an aucs system, #2 use a uv light (but be prepared and keep an extra water curtain b/c the UV rays will make the curtain brittle and sooner or later break) With these 2 options it helped on our subway accounts tremendously.

What do u mean aucs?? I am om trying a uv light which came with a protector for water shield,which may not help, i am waiting to see what that does.

It is an automatic cleaning system. You just plug it into the control board and install a pint of manitowoc sanitizer and claner and it automaticaly goes through a clean cycle and injects the cleaner and sanitizer every so many cycles. Call manitowoc and ask to speak with Bill Nuzy and he can explain it better or go to the local united ref and ask for one. From what I remember they are pretty pricey though but most new machines come with them now.

How about some outside air ?

Maybe pressurize the head with an air duct bringing in outside air?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Maybe pressurize the head with an air duct bringing in outside air?
    That would prob help but think about the servicability of that if the machine breaks you would prob have to take a piece of it out just to service the machine. Thats a catch 20

The only way you are going to get rid of an algae problem is by using bleach or sanitizer. If you have a Manitowoc, then sell your customer an AUCS system and order the bolttles of sanitizer, not the ice maker cleaner and NEVER mix the two together. Learned that one the hard way myself.... your machine will stay very clean. Did this for a Panera Bread, and the machine stayed clean....NOTHING else ever worked....

I don't think so -

Mount the intake blower for the outside air away from the machine, cut an 8" start collar into the top cover, and connect it with flex and a big screw hose clamp. What would it take? An extra minute popping it off each time maybe?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by tpang1985 View Post
    That would prob help but think about the servicability of that if the machine breaks you would prob have to take a piece of it out just to service the machine. Thats a catch 20
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Here ya go:
    http://www.kivlangroup.com/Guardian%...Ice%20spec.pdf

Not a cure all but helps big time!

Iceman

Not having had to do the ice machines ,but the air conditioning I can say that the in the subways here the rooftops are disgusting . The mold growing in the units is out of control and nothing seems to stop it ,Have even had to replace units as they were so bad .The problem is with the product and how they prepare it and the lack of prorper exhaust and make up .If they were to adress this it would solve a lot of problems in the stores .

it takes an ionizer kit to kill it.my supplier in St Louis sells a system to fix the yeast problem . (specifically for subway problems) I'll find their number and get you in touch.
    I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined,
    but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
    status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
    which would include their own government.
    --George Washington

Get in touch with
    Chuck Nejelski B&B Distributors
    11026 Gravois Ind. Ct
    St. Louis, MO. 63128

They have an Ozone system made to deal with the yeast problem.
    Great guys to know if you service Subway systems I have 5 to take car e of myself these guys are an asset.
    I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined,
    but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
    status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
    which would include their own government.
    --George Washington

There is no substitute for regular cleaning.

My father had a bar with draft beer and I would maintain his equiipment and the hoshizaki always would have stalagmites of snot hanging from the ice discharge area and inside the mold. The yeast from the draft beer was in the air even 20 feet away from the bar. I used to clean, de-lime and sanitze 4 times a year. Now he has a restaurant and cocktail lounge with no draft beer. Clean machine 2 x every year, spring and fall and never see anything growing any more. No charcoal filters in my opinon. Doesn't ice freeze purer than water and all of the minerals go and impurities go down the drain in harvest? I took filters out when he relocated to nice big restaurant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast