Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hi everyone, well i received a call from the builder yesterday him saying that they subcontractors are going to replace the inside and outside units with a new one, so i went there today around 6pm and found the same heatpump with the yellow energy rating sticker ripped off!? i called the builder and await his response about this, i sure do hope they changed the air handler. do you guys think this subcontractor is shoddy?

Just post new model numbers and we'll let you know the SEER.

hi ryan, the heat pump is still the same 24hbb342. hopefully the builder can provide me the air handler model number tomorrow. thanks

Sounds like they are trying to pull a switch. Give us the air handler model and we can say if you have a matched pair equaling 14 SEER.

Otherwise, be prepared, and make it CLEAR, that you wont sign the closing papers until the work is done, INCLUDING replacing the outdoor unit, and that you'll be out to verify its a different unit prior to any signing.

Maybe add a little jab and say, Make sure he doesn't rip any more stickers off the new one, or he'll have to take the unit apart to prove to me its a different model number, aka, different unit.

Quote Originally Posted by znil78 View Post
    hi everyone, well i received a call from the builder yesterday him saying that they subcontractors are going to replace the inside and outside units with a new one, so i went there today around 6pm and found the same heatpump with the yellow energy rating sticker ripped off!? i called the builder and await his response about this, i sure do hope they changed the air handler. do you guys think this subcontractor is shoddy?
    Check with City code inspectors ... they may require that Energy sticker, before approving the install; they do in my County!

hi guys, just came back from the house, they did change the air handler to a FX4CNF048 and they claim that this airhandler boosts the seer rating to 14.5? i was pretty impressed on how quiet the system was compared to the lennox installed next door, some pics of the units and install:

so, what do you think guys?

Yes, that's a good air handler for that unit. 14.5 SEER/11.5 EER. That heat pump has both high and low pressure switches as well for protection.

hi ryan, thanks for the info. do you think they did a good job on the install?

Considering it's a new construction installation, looks like they did a fine job to me. I like that they sealed all connections and have an overflow protection cutoff for the secondary drain. The lineset near the outdoor unit could have been done neater, but it's not really an issue.

FYI: I believe you have a 10-year coil warranty on that indoor unit, since it's tin-plated (FX4CNF048T00).

One thing regarding noise. Your neighbor's Lennox system's noise is likely coming from the fact that the ductwork is poorly designed/sized, not the system itself. Was your neighbor's Lennox from the same company?

@ryan wow, thanks for the heads up on the warranty yeah the lennox was installed by the same company, its really loud and was vibrating pretty bad too. his house is just 2 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Considering it's a new construction installation, looks like they did a fine job to me. (FX4CNF048T00).
    I don't like the hardware they used to elevate the compressor. Maybe the brackets are okay but Tapcons don't last all that long. I'd take'em out and find some stainless 1/4" x 2 -3/4" wedge anchors. And I'd change the sheet metal screws to stainless also, if they were just zinc chromate plated. After all, it is a brandy new installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebil Illpay View Post
    I don't like the hardware they used to elevate the compressor. Maybe the brackets are okay but Tapcons don't last all that long. I'd take'em out and find some stainless 1/4" x 2 -3/4" wedge anchors. And I'd change the sheet metal screws to stainless also, if they were just zinc chromate plated. After all, it is a brandy new installation.
    Those aren't elevating the compressor, but rather bracing it down per code to protect against high winds/hurricanes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast