Confused FX-20 ALarm console, alarm not there

Got an FX-20 rev 2.0 (3.3.22). N2 device is offline (ping failed) (down,alarm,unackalarm). Alarm emailed to recipents but does not show up in alarm console. What the ??
    any guess ?

TIA
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

The alarmclass for the device is not routed to the alarmconsole in the alarm service or someone forced cleared it from the console before you got there. That really is all that could do it.

I just had the same thing happen yesterday. I saw an alarm in the alarm class but the alarm console was blank in work bench. I went in through a web browser to the alarm console and it was there. Reinstalled the software and it worked. As to the reason why I haven't a clue.

My last JACE-NXS was showing similar behavior - but it turned out that the Filter is being automatically invoked on the Alarm Console (indicated by red text on the Filter button). Clearing any checkmarks on the alarm filter allowed all of the alarms to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    The alarmclass for the device is not routed to the alarmconsole in the alarm service or someone forced cleared it from the console before you got there. That really is all that could do it.
    Checked the routing, it's correct. I don't know of a way to force clear using the the Browser (works in workbench to remote station).

willf650 "Reinstalled the software and it worked. As to the reason why I haven't a clue. " Reinstalled what software ? Do you mean workbench ?

davem "Filter is being automatically invoked on the Alarm Console (indicated by red text on the Filter button)." Filter button is not red but i gotta remember that.

Got another email for this alarm since OP, I can't find anything that is out of the ordinary. I'm stumped.

Funny thing is that I am the only one in our office with FX-WB 2.0 installed on a machine so I doubt anyone connected to remote station and did a Force Clear on an alarm.

Why does this always happen on friday afternoon ????????
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!