Matching of condensor and airhandler

Matching of condensor and airhandler

I received a quote from 2 contractors. The first offered the option of a Carrier Infinity condensor and variable speed airhandler vs a Carrier Comfort series condensor and variable speed airhandler.

My questions are in regards to the second contractor's proposal:

The second contractor proposed a Carrier Performance series variable speed airhandler (#FV4BNF005)paired with a Carrier Comfort series condensor (#24ACB336).

This is a replacement for existing unit and both contractors are quoting 3 ton units.

Is the second contractor's proposal to "mix" the condensor/AH series(performance and comfort series) OK? In other words, will it effect the efficiency of the system?

Will it affect my ability to claim the rebates from Carrier and from Coolsmart? For Coolsmart I need a SEER of 14.5 and EER of 12 from what I understand.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by npkr View Post
    The second contractor proposed a Carrier Performance series variable speed airhandler (#FV4BNF005)paired with a Carrier Comfort series condensor (#24ACB336).

This is a replacement for existing unit and both contractors are quoting 3 ton units.

Is the second contractor's proposal to "mix" the condensor/AH series(performance and comfort series) OK? In other words, will it effect the efficiency of the system?

Will it affect my ability to claim the rebates from Carrier and from Coolsmart? For Coolsmart I need a SEER of 14.5 and EER of 12 from what I understand.

Thank you in advance.
    24ACB336 condenser matched with FV4BNF005 is indeed a matched set.

AHRI Reference# 3045424.
    35,000 btu cooling, 12 EER, 15 SEER.

www.AHRIdirectory.org

Take care.