JCI data point names

Can anyone help me find literature that decodes the data point names? example: SUPFLOSP = supply flow setpoint

I'm finding things hit and miss through the literature for the various controllers but I am missing several names and am hoping to find one piece of literature that decodes them all.

Thanks

The "Weird Acronyms" are the short names from the HVAC-Pro *.prn files. If you open the *.prn file it should have both the "Long Name" and the "Short Name" in it. They can be opened with notepad.

See attached, I put this together a while back for a reference. This should help a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cagey57; 04-30-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Perfect!

Thank you

You are welcome, no charge !

My curiosity got the better of me...what are you working on ?

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

I'm helping with the integration of JCI and Trane controls.

O.K.,

Good Luck ! You might need lots with the TRANE stuff....or not.

unfortunately they did not keep them standard across all controller types

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    And in some cases not even the same in a specific controller. On VMA's one app is W/C-Adj and different app is Rem-Adj. There are more, if I get bored I'll go find them, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Right you are again Freddy! The developers must have had different groups creating the acronyms for their controller point names. They likely never talked to each other so they came up with the best they could on their own. Keeping them consistent would have been better.

But, if they were control engineers........... They would have been some of the most stubborn, opinionated & sarcastic people you would ever want to deal with. So the task of making up the names likely went to the Sales Force. A group that knows all to well how to compromise. I'm sure they were also aware that it would take a few years for your average building owner to notice the difference!