Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NAE Upgrade to 4.0

Is there a way to tell if an NAE will handly the upgrade to 4.0(1) hardware-wise? I know the older ones won't take the upgrade due to insufficient memory or something. I just don't want to brick one doing this. TIA

It is still ok to upgrade to 4.0.
    It is the 4.1 that you need to check your NAE before upgrading.

You can look at the version either in the UI or on the label on the outside of the NAE case. In the case of upgrading to 4.1 if you have a NAE-XX-0 you are unable to upgrade to 4.1. However if you don't want to replace the NAE with a new one you can upgrade to the 4.0.6 version that is on the 4.1 BPP. This version gives you compatability with the 4.1 version without most of the memory intensive applications that are included at 4.1.

I thought they were giving them new ones...or is that just for the customers smart enough to realize its a screw job in the making?

So you 'smart' 'Freddy-B' bought a Intel 486 machine 20 years ago and now you want to install Vista, would you ask for a refund from your Intel 486 vendor or a trade in?

Quote Originally Posted by dx9100 View Post
    So you 'smart' 'Freddy-B' bought a Intel 486 machine 20 years ago and now you want to install Vista, would you ask for a refund from your Intel 486 vendor or a trade in?
    Hey.... buy our software upgrade its freaking awesome it fixes all the crap that has never worked right with MSEA from the begginning (only it doesnt)....and oh ya... BTW you need to replace all of your 4 yr old NAE's too.

Give me a break!
    That argument is as weak as MSEA.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Hey.... buy our software upgrade its freaking awesome it fixes all the crap that has never worked right with MSEA from the begginning (only it doesnt)....and oh ya... BTW you need to replace all of your 4 yr old NAE's too.

Give me a break!
    That argument is as weak as MSEA.
    Can you install Vista on a 4-years old PC and run it efficiently?

Like I said...WEAK.

Your analogy is Apples and Oranges. The more accurate analogy would be like upgrading your PC for a service pack of your current OS.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    I thought they were giving them new ones...or is that just for the customers smart enough to realize its a screw job in the making?

You said "GIVING" Thats a pile of laughs in itself
    UA Local 141

NAE's are the gift that keeps on giving....................too bad its not a man love cowboy movie..or it might be funny.

Its ok JCI just keep on "GIVING" Its good business for the rest of us.

Just a question, since JCI seems to get bashed about this so much, what do other vendors do with upgrades & releases?

No system is perfect in it's initial releases, and yes it can be frustrating at times being a technician to have to deal with the issues.

I am just curious as a comparison for say like Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens and what they do different.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_jci_guy View Post
    Just a question, since JCI seems to get bashed about this so much, what do other vendors do with upgrades & releases?

No system is perfect in it's initial releases, and yes it can be frustrating at times being a technician to have to deal with the issues.

I am just curious as a comparison for say like Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens and what they do different.
    For comparison Tridium actually works and don't require years of upgrades.
    But NAE's are the greatest of them all.....yeah...

I wasn't being sarcastic, it's a question. I don't know the other systems. It's responses like yours that make me wonder why I even waste my time on here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast