Hmm TRANE VARITRAC PROBLEM

Have a one zone of 11 that is always too cold. tried to adjust program to enable thumb wheel through hyper terminal dial in. I am able to get in under the UCM setup but can not make changes? Can I add re-heat to this zone in question? How can I enable the thumbwheel operation?

VARITRACT IS X13650529-01 SERIAL IS E98M
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

Well as I do from time to time I go through posts that have not been answered so I wil answer this old question although it has most likely been resolved.

In a VariTrac you need to make your changes through the Rover Service Tool. There you can modify the Size/Type/ReHeats/Thumbwheel Enable-Disable/Default (Comm Loss) Setpoints/ Etc.

You will not be able to make these changes from the actual VariTrac command line interface.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Webbyz View Post
    Well as I do from time to time I go through posts that have not been answered so I wil answer this old question although it has most likely been resolved.

In a VariTrac you need to make your changes through the Rover Service Tool. There you can modify the Size/Type/ReHeats/Thumbwheel Enable-Disable/Default (Comm Loss) Setpoints/ Etc.

You will not be able to make these changes from the actual VariTrac command line interface.

Hope this helps...
    You are mistaken

Its been a while but I have made the changes that you speak of long before I had Rover.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

From the CLI?

Yes, from the CLI. I don't know what an X######## number is but when he says vartic and is talking about using hyper terminal I assume he is talking about a CCP. You can do every facet of a vav configuration and balancing from it with commands.

Hmm, I guess I never got too deep into it. I will have to take a gander at that when I get in the office. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info Willf

Quote Originally Posted by hvacdoctor View Post
    Have a one zone of 11 that is always too cold. tried to adjust program to enable thumb wheel through hyper terminal dial in. I am able to get in under the UCM setup but can not make changes? Can I add re-heat to this zone in question? How can I enable the thumbwheel operation?

VARITRACT IS X13650529-01 SERIAL IS E98M
    Its there..Look harder. Go through the menu's you'll see it..

It is in the hyperterminal access. If I remember right you want 1S for Ucm Menu then if you device is say 2 you would go 2S to take you to device 2 setup then I believe 6 is the selection for thunwheel just enable it. Type of heat is I believe 3 or something to choose.

Yeah and seeing that the VariTrac was probably around before the advent of Rover I should have known there was a different way.

When using hyperterminal to access Varitrac do the following:
    Always have caps lock on
    + and - are used to change binary settings - ex. Thumbwheel enable - + is yes and - is no
    Number changes are made at the line, on setpoints you need to change the cooling setpoint 1st and then the heat
    Type the following to move around
    N = next line
    P= previous line
    M = back a menu, you can add numbers to back more than 1 menu ex. 2m or 3m. 9m will take you back to the main menu
    R = refresh
    If you can't make a change you are probably in a status menu.
    Sometimes you have to go to the last line in a menu to make the change with a + or -.

yep dont forget the Caps lock

I can remember myself and others forgetting this needed step and asking "what the freak" is wrong with this stupid thing

Glad them days are over

Thanks Fellas! Its been a while since I worked on Trane's older stuff and unless you make changes and check regularly you forget it!
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"