+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trane BCI-I BACnet MS/TP for Intelipak

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    can you send a few crumbs this way too,
    thanks.

I am hungry how about some Trane crumbs this way also.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Did you ever get your issues resolved? I have a BCI-I for intellipak and it is not behaving either.

I can see it in a device scan, but the points do not always come in, sometimes they do other times they say *communication error* or just NR. The loss of point communication is not consistent. It was working great yesterday for about 2-3 hours yesterday. When I checked on it this morning the points were dropping out again.

Post Likes
    Hey guys, are you trying to use the Trane Device, as a Bacnet System Device, or Bacnet Subnet device? Most third party equipment in my experience, is subnet only. Are you familiar with Area.System.Subnet Architecture? This may be a proprietary to Delta(not sure). What I mean is try it on the lowest tier ms/tp network on your system, I bet your results, will be better if not terrific. And if anyone does have more info on the BCI-*'s other then the catalogue page could you please forward to me. Also compare the PICs statements between your system and Trane's, sometimes it's as simple as one guy does not support certain properties as the other guy which can cause great amounts of baldness. Thank you, hope this helps.

Post Likes

BCI-()

Hold it cowboys! The BCI needs Tracer TU to properly setup. On an IPAK it is prett easy. On a CH-530 chiller, you will need the appropriate version of firmware in your device. You cannot just add a BCI-C to an RTAC with old software in it. They are very good devices and I am "VERY" familiar with them. I did a Beta test on one of our sites before we released them and I loved them. I no longer need to write BACNET databases. Also, "PLEASE" get yourself set up on comfortsite. It is there for you guys!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by M100 Tech View Post
    They are very good devices and I am "VERY" familiar with them.
    I was on a job last week where I had map all the points from a BCI-I to Andover system. The device came on line with no problem, but when I brought in all the points, all the values were in Metric.
    How can I set up the BCI-I to show all values in US units ??

Post Likes

BCI-I

The IPAK BCI us setup for "custom" units. The BCI-C and UC800 can be changed with Tracer TU!

Post Likes
    I seriously need help with this bci on three trane intellipaks....i discovered them in metasys extended architecture after spending countless hours to find out that Trane techs set the baud to 76800..... Now that I have all my points in I can not command the unit from the BAS... I have even changed the system command point to active and the points that I want to command that go OUT OF SERVICE to false so that metasys can change the points. I need MO 7 and MO 8 as the main points which I believe are. Can someone please assist me in telling me how exactly I can set the trane up to take commands from the bas. thanks...

Post Likes
    Try updating the tracer TU software. Ver. 5.5.1

Post Likes

BCI-I

You "MUST" enable the points with Tracer TU with the BCI-I it is "NOT" like a BCI-C! Make Trane Come back and do it right!

Post Likes

BCI-I information

The BCI-I Integration Guide is located at: https://www.comfortsite.com/Resource...n_09012009.pdf

The installation information is geared toward the Tracer TU service tool, but Trane provides a free BACnet setup tool that does the basics (controller name, baud rate, BACnet ID, units, and factory reset.) The guide also has the PICS, troubleshooting information, and a points list.

Information on the free tool is located here:
    http://software.trane.com/GCC/BACnet...ool_Readme.pdf

The tool can be downloaded here:
    http://software.trane.com/GCC/BST.Setup.1.0.22.exe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in