Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vacuum gauge

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Yea wounder how that would work with a little clip light super seal in there
    Yeah, that might just plug the Clip Light meter up

You know, I read articles in the HAVCR News about a guy that runs his business with Super Seal. Good way to kill your business. But back to the meter, has any one used it?

what i like about the YJ's is that the sensor is easily replaceable, and easily cleanable.

Yea the first one works great. Till you let someone else use it and they open the valves with the damn sensor still attached. Then say they didnt. yet you can see oil all over the sensor tip. lol Luckily you can just replace the sensor. Which is nice. Cause i wont pretend that ill never ever forget to take it off before i open up. Ive come close but havent done it yet.

But other than that i liked it. HOwever for some reason on occasion I could get different readings, although still working, for different pumps.

I had a JB and a robinair. When connected to the JB it would kinda sit at 1500microns then when i closed the pump off it would drop.
    With robinair it would go low and drop 10 mircon at a time. Then when you stop pumping it would rise back up about 50+/- microns. JB was 5cfm and robinair was 6cfm. IDK if that was what made it different or not?

But i like that gauge alot. Wish it had a hook though.

I've used them all at one time or another and the Yellow Jacket works just fine for me. I recently gave one of the Thermal Engineering analogs to my son who is just starting out in the business. I'd say regardless of which unit you choose you are doing better than most by just making the effort to have one at all.

Vacuum indicators

We just had a large industrial system dehydrated and cleaned, the system is built around a 17mp with a standing charge of 80,000#'s of R-134a. The company that we sub-contracted to do the dehydration used wet-bulb thermometers with methyl alcohol to determine system pressure. These indicators were nothing elaborate. The manufacturer is located some where in the south east part of the country. It's a red,white and clear plastic package vessel. I think the name on it was Vaccu-a-tor, maybe, and the cost was real reasonable about $150.00. It has all the corresponding pressure to wet bulb cross overs that would ever want, need or desire. Pretty neat deal JMHO.-GEO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123