recent tech graduate looking for work in south fl

Anyone got any advice on how to get started in this field,or know anyone hiring in my area; my Instructors told me to go for union since I'm pretty good at troubleshooting and taking instruction, but union doesn't start new classes for a while and I'm really trying to get my feet wet and gain experience. Thx

where located?

I live in miramar

I'm confused, did you graduate or are you looking to get into the union apprentice program? What school did you go to?

Sorry for the late reply AHH-COOL, I graduated from my my local tech school for A/C & Refrigeration, after completing the program my instructors told me to go for union to gain further experience my question was does anyone know someone hiring in my local area that will be willing to take me on even though I have only about two years of experience or was union my best bet; I have universal EPA and my own tools, thx
    Last edited by 000whitefang; 06-16-2009 at 11:14 PM.

With the economy the way it is it doesn't make things easy but you should be able to get something entry level in west broward. If you go down to the union shop off opalaka you can see whats up there, but there gona tell you that the apprentice program is 5 years ( and untill you complete it the pay sucks and all the union guys will treat u like crap)

Quote Originally Posted by jr9701 View Post
    With the economy the way it is it doesn't make things easy but you should be able to get something entry level in west broward. If you go down to the union shop off opalaka you can see whats up there, but there gona tell you that the apprentice program is 5 years ( and untill you complete it the pay sucks and all the union guys will treat u like crap)
    yeah the union told me they were pretty slow, and people told me how it sucks to be a apprentice but its worth it in the end