Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the compliments

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Pressure relief valves are supposed to be installed vertically.

What is just before the relief valve?
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

really nice job! keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    Pressure relief valves are supposed to be installed vertically.

What is just before the relief valve?
    low water cut off

Ill ask the inspector about the relief valves

i agree releifs shall be in the vertical position unless it is a temp and pressure releif valve which can be horizontal and why the blocks underneath it seems like it should be on the streets of new york beside a car up on blocks other than that job looks good what about chemical treatment weil mclean will not warranty hex if no chemical added because of aluminum hex

very tidy, why was the pump on the right installed higher than the rest, i'm sure there is a good reason as noone else has mentioned it.

For the supply and return I used an Alberta header was 2"x3/4 for the hydro air zones and the water tank was piped 1 1/4 so had to use a 2x11/4 tee then stub then isolating flange so its taller

Quote Originally Posted by viessmann View Post
    i agree releifs shall be in the vertical position unless it is a temp and pressure releif valve which can be horizontal and why the blocks underneath it seems like it should be on the streets of new york beside a car up on blocks other than that job looks good what about chemical treatment weil mclean will not warranty hex if no chemical added because of aluminum hex

its on blocks higher than I normally do because the basement opens right out to the ocean about 50 feet away and they asked if the boilers could be raised abit more, I had the blocks on their side originally

There's a couple spots where it looks like copper MPT to sweat fittings are used to connect to iron. They are burning us for that in michigan - must be brass or dielectric.

VERY clean install.

What's the silver tank to the right of the boilers? Reverse osmosis or something?

the cast iron tee on the right side of each boiler is a tee that comes with the boiler as a starting fitting
    the silver tank on the right of the boilers is where the water comes in from the well the plumbers did it, I did notice it had higher pressure than most houses
    thanks for the compliment

Nice piping.How are the boilers wired together,I know they are modcons.Do they fire together or depends on outdoor temp?

the connect with a 2 wire and then you set one as master and one as slave
    then you can set a delay time that it will wait after a call for heat to fire the slave up and both can use outdoor sensors

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Not trying to bust your chops here, just get everyone's thought. Had the same discussion with a boiler inspector today.

What is the point to a lwco on a boiler that has to have flow? By the time the lwco is tripped, there ain't no flow and the boiler is either jumping off the wall or floor or the high limit is tripped.

I like Viessmann, they put a pressure switch in. Now that makes a lot of sense. Pressure drops to about 8psi, burner stops, no damage done.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast