Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vac-U-Ator

hmmm, so how does it keep from getting the water or vacanol into the system?

$150 doesn't seem like a good deal when you can get a very accurate YJ, that reads from atmosphere down to 1 micron, for under $250....
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    hmmm, so how does it keep from getting the water or vacanol into the system?

$150 doesn't seem like a good deal when you can get a very accurate YJ, that reads from atmosphere down to 1 micron, for under $250....
    With me, the issue is that a mercury manometer or a wet bulb indicator with no leaks in the connecting tubing can't lie to you. Something with batteries in it can, and sometimes will. The distilled water vapor and the vacanol vapor do get in the system, but in such a minute quantity that the overall vacuum doesn't rise. The amounts can't even be considered, they're so small.

The vacuum, other then the one between my ears

I really don't have that option as I have several Miriam abs manometers, but I can't use them in the chemical plants I service. Kind of ironic when you think about it. I used to use them a lot doing absorbers. Building owners and chief engineer still like to see them after a teardown for the world famous standing vacuum check....Oh I wanna mark the scale, no I wanna, no I wanna ooops! Whadda we do now genius? I know, lets tell that goofy A/C tech that he left it there and it dropped, that way he and his company will have to pay for the clean-up and EPA fines. Yeah, thats the ticket.....GEO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12