+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NAE Interlock

Post Likes

NAE Interlock

Can someone give me an example for when you would use the interlock option in the NAE? Im guessing it can be tied in with the fire alarms but I still not sure how it works. Thanks

Post Likes
    Interlocking enables the NAE to take information from
    one or more field controllers, make logical
    comparisons, and issue a set of control instructions to
    other field controllers anywhere on the network.
    Interlocking also facilitates sharing analog or binary
    data between controllers.

from JCI doc's

Post Likes

Interlocks

Here's a common example I like to use. I build a calendar and set the days that I'd like some equipment to rotate. Then I use an interlock to switch the lead equipment based on the calendar. So the interlock definition would be the calendar equals true, and the action tables would be the commands to lead equipment selector.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Post Likes
    I like to use the interlocks in cases that a control system won't work for what I want. For example, You can use the true event to send commands like a one shot, and no commands when the condition is false. You can then have another interlock send a different command under a different set of conditions, or the false condition.

You can time delay different commands and multiple commands to sequence different things happening.

If you have a reset point in a field controller, if the reset point is true, then set the reset point to false after a 5 second delay.

If you want to prevent an operator from overriding a certain point, have it set so that if the status of the point is overriden, it releases the operator override priority.

I find it to be a very usefull tool.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in