Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pictures

pictures

here's some of my stuff. The Aspenaire hydronic air handler wasnt quite finished at the time. The American Standard system was. This baby is set up with an EWC Zoning Package. You cant see it, but there is a bypass damper behind the unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Don't worry about my customers

Since I'm an honest person I'll admit that is a pretty good looking job It is obvious that you do take pride in youre work But I did not see anything that was so great that you have the right to put others down. Now lets see if I can give you an example of how to offer critisizm in a civilized manner.

First thing that popped out at me was the outdoor unit right beside of dryer vent. I would'nt let that slide most homeowners know better than that too.

The refrigerant piping is not straight and plumb it looks decent but not the greatest but passable.

No clean out in attic unit drain line (union, capped tee etc)

How do get the coil out of that attic airhandler the threaded rod is right in front of the coil

I see the transformer wires looped down in front of the service door.

See you can present youre opiniion with out being a a$$ I hope you've learned something today. Now on a more positive note. You're work does look like you care and the duct system looks good, I don't care for the choice in duct wrap but everyone has their own way of doing things. So you see you can take about any install and have 10 guys look at it and everyone will have something they would do diffrently. In closing I'll just say yes it looks good, is it better than my work just depends on who you ask. Is it so good you are a step above the rest of us like you present youreself...... no. But over all a nice job I will say it is a lot easier to make new stuff look better than retrofit work but you know that. Anyways have a nice day
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Only thing I don't like is control compartment of outdoor unit in the corner hard to get to. If that's a pump, the goodies are against the wall where they would be murder to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Only thing I don't like is control compartment of outdoor unit in the corner hard to get to. If that's a pump, the goodies are against the wall where they would be murder to work on.
    I missed that the goodies are on the right side on those AS units.

On the outdoor unit: there is 20" of clearance behind the unit to work on it. The dryer vent was installed by the home owner himself after my equipment was in place.
    On the indoor unit: the very first fitting on the drain line is a tee with a cleanout. The transformer wire isnt actually in front of the door. It looks like that because of where I took the pic from. but it is secured and not just dangling. the threaded rod is not in front of the coil, it is to the side. and if you cant get the coil out of that unit, what are you doing in this business. I never presented myself as being better than everyone else, but if you are going to present your pics and ask for criticism, you better not cry when you dont hear what you want. enough with the name calling pulse21.

I like the job. I would have a prob getting around the back to adjust the damper. Other than that, real nice.
    Always here

very nice install
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

I can take critisizm ( I can't even spell it). I just did'nt agree with the way it was presented. Maybe I'm a jerk hell I don't know anyways it don't matter I've had enough fussing over things that don't matter, have a nice life I truely wish you the best.

They're gonna need a step ladder to get to that humidistat on that basement system.

nope, they call me
    I need a ladder

good lookin install. I dont think i could do better or nearly as neat as that.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Quote Originally Posted by pulse21 View Post
    Since I'm an honest person I'll admit that is a pretty good looking job It is obvious that you do take pride in youre work But I did not see anything that was so great that you have the right to put others down. Now lets see if I can give you an example of how to offer critisizm in a civilized manner.

First thing that popped out at me was the outdoor unit right beside of dryer vent. I would'nt let that slide most homeowners know better than that too.

The refrigerant piping is not straight and plumb it looks decent but not the greatest but passable.

No clean out in attic unit drain line (union, capped tee etc)

How do get the coil out of that attic airhandler the threaded rod is right in front of the coil

I see the transformer wires looped down in front of the service door.

See you can present youre opiniion with out being a a$$ I hope you've learned something today. Now on a more positive note. You're work does look like you care and the duct system looks good, I don't care for the choice in duct wrap but everyone has their own way of doing things. So you see you can take about any install and have 10 guys look at it and everyone will have something they would do diffrently. In closing I'll just say yes it looks good, is it better than my work just depends on who you ask. Is it so good you are a step above the rest of us like you present youreself...... no. But over all a nice job I will say it is a lot easier to make new stuff look better than retrofit work but you know that. Anyways have a nice day
    you pretty well picked everything I was gonna critique.yes it is a nice job but I would add one more as the drain running exposed needs armaflex on it as it will sweat when the heat kicks in hot-n-heavy on the attic system.the line sets on both were bad,and I don't like the low voltage from a zone system running all exposed either.trying to learn how to critique and not get the whole pi$$ed off thing Is that all you used for wrap on the attic was bubble wrap or do you know something we don't know?very curious on the last
    do it right the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by meoff View Post

you pretty well picked everything I was gonna critique.yes it is a nice job but I would add one more as the drain running exposed needs armaflex on it as it will sweat when the heat kicks in hot-n-heavy on the attic system.the line sets on both were bad,and I don't like the low voltage from a zone system running all exposed either.trying to learn how to critique and not get the whole pi$$ed off thing Is that all you used for wrap on the attic was bubble wrap or do you know something we don't know?very curious on the last
    I'm not sure what that wrap stuff is either I saw some wrap that looked like that at J-mart (Johnstone) that was supposed to be as good or better than the regular 2" wrap but I've never tried it I'd like to hear any feedback on it, cause I hate itching with the regular. I think there were some spacers you had to use with the stuff I saw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast